Gathering feedback about navigation (CLOSED)

Dolores
Dolores Posts: 12 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
Photogenic First Anniversary Pipedrive Team
edited February 14 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Update: This research is now concluded; thank you for your participation.

Hey dear Pipedrivers! 😊

We are currently researching how to improve Pipedrive navigation. For that I would appreciate your input. Have you faced any issues with navigation in Pipedrive? Have you struggled with finding something from the menus? Do you think some menu items should be located or grouped differently? If you have something to share, please write in the comments 🙏

Adding some screenshots to illustrate what I mean – the main menu on the left side, the menu that pops up on the top right corner, and all the second layer menus like inside the Leads inbox.

If you would like to give more thorough feedback and discuss the navigation topic further, please schedule a quick call with me. You can book a suitable time for a call from this link.

Comments

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 94
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited April 2022 #2

Thanks @Dolores 

I will make a note of this and let you know!

• Scott Stefanc
    Scott Stefanc Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2022 #3

One thing that is a "wish" but not critical is to have one button for Contacts and one button for Organizations instead of them bundled. Just saves a step in the process. 

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #4

One thing that is a "wish" but not critical is to have one button for Contacts and one button for Organizations instead of them bundled. Just saves a step in the process. 

Thank you for this helpful input Scott! 

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #5

I very much prefer and think it’s a great practice to hide menus items when those features are not used. For example there was a time when the products shortcut icon always displayed in the main menu even when the products feature was not used. At some point that was changed to be removed when the feature was set to inactive. I really appreciate that. The same should be the case with the invoice feature I think. If people do not use the invoice feature of Pipedrive then being able to turn that off and not be displayed seems to be a great idea. Having items like that displayed for users can be confusing and make training more difficult. Pipedrive is one of the best designed CRMs and keeping it as simple as possible for the users gives Pipedrive a competative advantage. Less clutter is better. Hope that helps. 

• Pipedrive User 164
    edited April 2022 #6

I have also thought that maybe organizations and people should have their own main menu shortcut icon. 

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #7

I very much prefer and think it’s a great practice to hide menus items when those features are not used. For example there was a time when the products shortcut icon always displayed in the main menu even when the products feature was not used. At some point that was changed to be removed when the feature was set to inactive. I really appreciate that. The same should be the case with the invoice feature I think. If people do not use the invoice feature of Pipedrive then being able to turn that off and not be displayed seems to be a great idea. Having items like that displayed for users can be confusing and make training more difficult. Pipedrive is one of the best designed CRMs and keeping it as simple as possible for the users gives Pipedrive a competative advantage. Less clutter is better. Hope that helps. 

Thank you Brad! That input definitely helps a lot!

• Chris Passow
    Chris Passow Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #8

+1 for this option

• Brock Buchanan
    Brock Buchanan Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #9

Are we just referring to the desktop experience, or would this apply to the app as well? I have a number of items on the app navigation I’d love to see. 

• Alan Caine
    Alan Caine Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #10

HI, thanks for having this discussion. I need to think about your question, but off the top, it would be great if we could hide (maybe I don't know how) the Parked column in the leads view. If I've parked them rather then Lost I really don't need to see them... 

Thanks,

Alan

• Tucker Matney
    Tucker Matney Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #11

Hi Brad and Dolores, 

I second Brad's comment. In addition to those items, I do think it would be very handy to be able to remove/hide the unpurchased items such as the items we see under Leadbooster. Thank you for looking into this! 

• Iain Bates
    Iain Bates Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #12

Thanks for the conversation. It would be better if drop down lists did not cover the save button. Currently when adding values, we must find an unused space to click before we can reach the save button. In a similar vein and much more frustrating is the inability to minimize or move the support chat window. Without this, we must close the chat window before accessing anything underneath it. This is particularly bad if trying to follow step by step instructions from support.

• Chantal Kuaea
    Chantal Kuaea Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #13

Another wish piggy backing on the contact vs. organization comment - I would love to see a separate calendar and task button rather than having them bundled. it feels like an extra step every time I need to see my calendar and then toggle to my tasks. 

• Robert Williams
    Robert Williams Member Posts: 25
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2022 #14

I would love to see the ability to customize the left hand navigation panel and more control from the admin side for the users, rather than having each person having to add their integrations. I as the admin, should be able to select which areas I want my users to see. (I don't know if this exists already, if so, a little assistance). 

Another that would be helpful is the ability to group Workflows/Automations. The fact that I have to scroll/expand/scroll/expand to get to various workflows is really cumbersome. It would also be helpful to have the ability to reorder the workflows once they're built. 

• Nicki Kane
    Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #15

Please please please folders in automations so that we can group them- at one point I had 60 automations going and it was a NIGHTMARE to find the one I needed to edit!

• Denovan
    Denovan Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #16

Probably unrelated but:

1 - Have Departments as a database entry per organisation. 

2 - Some smaller organisations have the same person in charge of two departments. So would be great if we can have multiple department entries for that.

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #17

Are we just referring to the desktop experience, or would this apply to the app as well? I have a number of items on the app navigation I’d love to see. 

At the moment we are working on desktop experience. Please still share your feedback, I can then forward it to mobile team :) 

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #18

I would love to see the ability to customize the left hand navigation panel and more control from the admin side for the users, rather than having each person having to add their integrations. I as the admin, should be able to select which areas I want my users to see. (I don't know if this exists already, if so, a little assistance). 

Another that would be helpful is the ability to group Workflows/Automations. The fact that I have to scroll/expand/scroll/expand to get to various workflows is really cumbersome. It would also be helpful to have the ability to reorder the workflows once they're built. 

Hi Robert! Thank you for the feedback! 

To your first point, at the moment the only way to hide some functionalities from users is to use Permissions&Visibility functionality from settings. But I think you mean more like setting up an account for your users and the way they see things there, this is at the moment not possible. But it's a great feedback and I will forward it to the team :) 

• Gonçalo
    Gonçalo Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #19

To add to Robert's comment...

Our CRM team is set up, following the sales and project management journey, as:

• Inbound lead managers
    • First phase account managers
    • Second phase Acc Managers
    • Project managers

All of which need different views of the left hand panels

We set up the fields in order and by phases/sections

We even created fields that are just to function as separators (a lot of "------------") to make the viewing less of a chaotic jumble and easier to consult

But the fact is that having a way to create saved views so that the 2nd phase senior manager doesn't have to go through almost 100 fields to find the 4 or 5 that he actually needs for every project would be a huge improvement (same goes for the PMs who only need to look at a couple of fields).

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #20

Thank you for sharing that Gonçalo! I understand your pain point very well. It is great that you shared this visual example, this helps me to share the problem with the rest of the team. 

• Åsa Boholm
    Åsa Boholm Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #21

I would like to find the lost and won deals more easily. To find information when I have meetings with my partners and they ask about specific deals.

• Scott Stefanc
    Scott Stefanc Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2022 #22

For side bars in People and Organizations, I would like to be able to see Leads associated in addition to Deals. I don't seem to find that ability when managing the side bar view. It is much faster than going to Leads and creating a filter to sort by People.

• Dolores
    edited April 2022 #23

For side bars in People and Organizations, I would like to be able to see Leads associated in addition to Deals. I don't seem to find that ability when managing the side bar view. It is much faster than going to Leads and creating a filter to sort by People.

Hi Scott! It is indeed not possible to create a Lead section there but this is a valid feedback. Thanks a lot for sharing!

• Pipedrive User 164
    edited April 2022 #24

Please please please folders in automations so that we can group them- at one point I had 60 automations going and it was a NIGHTMARE to find the one I needed to edit!

Yep. I resorted to using the title of the automation as a very long description. I then didn't even use the description box. It made things easier although the length of the title is limited. 

• Leonardo Cunha
    Leonardo Cunha Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #25

Navigation-wise, I find the shortcuts annoying mainly because I use the ctrl+1,2,3... to navigate between tabs in Google Chrome, so whenever I move between tabs it also happen to change screens in Pipedrive. 

• Cheese Factory
    Cheese Factory Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #26

It would be great to be able to disable/hide navigation items based on user permissions or globally. It would also be great to be able to change the labels of UI words, in my instance I would love to change Deals to Vehicles, and be able to upload my own company Icon to replace the P on the left hand side.  

Additionally many CRMs allow for the use of your own domain name so instead of mycompany.pipedrive.com, I could just use something like crm.mycompany.com which would load my Pipedrive instance.

This would effectively give more of a whitelabel customization

• Robert Pik
    Robert Pik Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

Only 2 ideas, but importan for me to make the navigation easier:

1st - as mentioned above separate icon for Companies and People - saves many cliks.

2nd - please allow to hide and rearange left sidebar icons. For example my key icon are Companies and Deals, I would love them at the top. I do not use Projects and I will never need them - allow me hide the icon. I understand you need to sell more features, but this is not the way, I will not buy something I do not use :(

My example, other users will have different...

This discussion has been closed.