Attach uploaded Files to Email in Pipedrive

Martin Boonzaayer
Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

If there are files attached to a Person or Deal, I think it should be easy to attach that file to an email without having to "re-upload" it - which is the only way to do it at this time.

4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

@Martin Boonzaayer thank you for sharing, seems like a logical suggestion to me. I'll pass it on to the team to see if we can work on this in the future, thank you!

• Phil Whitebloom
    Phil Whitebloom Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2021 #3

I completely agree with Martin. I have this need today. The ability to drag and drop would be great. The other way would be able to go to the three dots to the right of the file and have a copy feature next to that specific attachment.

Thank you.

Phil

• Christopher Lansloot
    Christopher Lansloot Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #4

Agree, would be a time saving feature.  Especially drag and drop.  

Drag & drop of files also makes sense when when following up with mails and attaching the same documents. Now it only works be downloading and attaching a new.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #5

Agree, would be a time saving feature.  Especially drag and drop.  

Drag & drop of files also makes sense when when following up with mails and attaching the same documents. Now it only works be downloading and attaching a new.

I agree too @Christopher lansloot It's been a while since Martin suggested it, let me check in with the team and refresh this suggestion :) 

• Kate Walker
    Kate Walker Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2022 #6

I'd like to add another vote to this one @Mike van der Valk

We have different members of the team creating quotes and attaching quotes as 'files' to the deal. 

But then when the sales person wants to send that file as an attachment, they have to re-upload it. 

Similarly, in Documents BETA, you can create a Document, but then you can't attach that document to an email. You have to download the document, then re-upload it as an attachment...

Thank you! 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #7

I'd like to add another vote to this one @Mike van der Valk

We have different members of the team creating quotes and attaching quotes as 'files' to the deal. 

But then when the sales person wants to send that file as an attachment, they have to re-upload it. 

Similarly, in Documents BETA, you can create a Document, but then you can't attach that document to an email. You have to download the document, then re-upload it as an attachment...

Thank you! 

Thanks @Kate Walker for sharing. I'm sharing this feedback with our team who released the documents Beta. They will in the future also work on improving the whole documents/files experience in Pipedrive.

• Adrian_16263
    Adrian_16263 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

I am also having the same problem! It would be also useful to auto attach all the uploaded files to a template. How long will the drag and drop take you guys to develop? Right now I am working on setting up a CRM tool for a 30 People sales department and right now I am thinking of switching to sales force because of this feature. :(

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #9
    Adrian said:

I am also having the same problem! It would be also useful to auto attach all the uploaded files to a template. How long will the drag and drop take you guys to develop? Right now I am working on setting up a CRM tool for a 30 People sales department and right now I am thinking of switching to sales force because of this feature. :(

Hi @Adrian I'm sorry to hear that. I've asked our team responsible for this area to look into your comment and those of others here. Unfortunately, it's not something we are working on right now but I hope we can prioritise this rather sooner then later. Sorry to not have a solution for you right now.

• Adrian_16263
    Adrian_16263 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #10

Sometimes the smallest features are the ones that polish a product. Right now it looks more to me like it was an intended feature but it's just bugging. Dont think this should take a developer more than one hour. (:

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #11
    Adrian said:

Sometimes the smallest features are the ones that polish a product. Right now it looks more to me like it was an intended feature but it's just bugging. Dont think this should take a developer more than one hour. (:

I appreciate your comments @Adrian I'll do my best to get our team to look at this and prioritise the work.

• Christian Plotegher
    Christian Plotegher Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #12

Email is a problem for my team. We can upload and share files and docs on the CRM but can't attach it to the outgoing email to quickly send it. It is an incredible waste of time to upload to CRM and download to computer and then attach to email.  Attaching a file or folder to an email directly from the CRM page should be a basic and logical feature.

I also have an issue with not being able to highlight or change the font color on my emails.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #13

Email is a problem for my team. We can upload and share files and docs on the CRM but can't attach it to the outgoing email to quickly send it. It is an incredible waste of time to upload to CRM and download to computer and then attach to email.  Attaching a file or folder to an email directly from the CRM page should be a basic and logical feature.

I also have an issue with not being able to highlight or change the font color on my emails.

Hi @Christian Plotegher there has been some discussion how to solve the file uploading, a team is doing some research now but there's no expected outcome or eta yet at the moment.

Regarding email, noted the feedback!

• Patrick.pro
    Patrick.pro Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #14

Hi guys!

I support in pipedrive my clients and they also need this feature available. I need it to! We all want to attach files to emails directly from the PD files. Please. Make this feature angry important. :)

• Christian Plotegher
    edited December 2021 #15

Being able to attach files to an email directly from Pipedrive has become imperative. To much  time is spent uploading docs only to have to download them again to attach to email . 
    it is not practice and it is becoming a dealbreaker for our team. 
    Months  have gone by and no solution offered. We are now looking for alternative solutions to transition to.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2021 #16

Hi @Christian Plotegher 

I am very sorry to hear that :(  but I understand your situation and I'm sorry to say that right now we are not working on this. We're currently expanding our email team and hope to deliver more long awaited updates in the future.

• kiloWatt Solar
    kiloWatt Solar Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #17

Any updates on when we will be able to attach files within Pipedrive to an email? This would be a massive time saver which is critical for my business and sales team. 

• Christian Plotegher
    edited December 2021 #18

I really don't understand how you can neglect this basic feature. This is a deal breaker I'm sure for a lot of operators. The time and aggravation this is causing is quite intolerable.

I would suggest you make this a priority. This is part of a daily operation.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #19

Any updates on when we will be able to attach files within Pipedrive to an email? This would be a massive time saver which is critical for my business and sales team. 

Hi @kiloWatt Solar Admin 

I agree! No update unfortunately yet, we just got a new structure around our email team. I'll highlight it to them again while they are planning, no promises though, but I'll notify them :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #20

Hi @kiloWatt Solar Admin 

I agree! No update unfortunately yet, we just got a new structure around our email team. I'll highlight it to them again while they are planning, no promises though, but I'll notify them :) 

• Jeff VanHee
    Jeff VanHee Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #21

Yes! Yes! Yes! - how can this be overlooked by R & D? This is a "must-have" function of a top level CRM.

• Sergey Arhipenko
    Sergey Arhipenko Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2021 #22

As a software developer myself, I am totally surprised that this feature is absent and it is already 1 year since it was mentioned and still not done. If this feature is not a number one priority, what those pipedrive guys are doing?

my company prepares files with quotes in a proprietary software and we need a way to attach and send those files to the clients. we also need to see the most recent quote sent, on the top of the files list. 

it is a very simple and must-have feature. I am seriously questioning myself did I pick a right system for my company.

• Sergey Arhipenko
    edited July 2021 #23

As a software developer myself, I am totally surprised that this feature is absent and it is already 1 year since it was mentioned and still not done. If this feature is not a number one priority, what those pipedrive guys are doing?

my company prepares files with quotes in a proprietary software and we need a way to attach and send those files to the clients. we also need to see the most recent quote sent, on the top of the files list. 

it is a very simple and must-have feature. I am seriously questioning myself did I pick a right system for my company.

• Sergey Arhipenko
    edited July 2021 #24

• Sergey Arhipenko
    edited February 2022 #25

• Bill Steele
    Bill Steele Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2021 #26

Commenting to @Mike van der Valk to bump this back up the chain of must haves...

• Fernando de Orbegoso
    Fernando de Orbegoso Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #27

Is there any news on this functionality being added to Pipedrive soon?

• Jeff VanHee
    Jeff VanHee Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2021 #28

How can this feature be so overlooked for so long??!! It has been 2 years!! Feature priority directions seem to misguided. Other items that fall in the "minutia" category are pushed through R & D to beta to full feature, but adding files seems to not have a champion within the Pipedrive R & D staff? JUST GET IT DONE!! Thank you.

• Christian Plotegher
    edited December 2021 #29

@Martin Boonzaayer thank you for sharing, seems like a logical suggestion to me. I'll pass it on to the team to see if we can work on this in the future, thank you!

I can't believe this hasn't been a priority for the development team from the beginning.

It is such a basic feature and really is a deal-breaker. I am ready to shop around for a new CRM.

I have waited long enough hoping this would be resolved by now. 

Quite disappointing! 

• ChristianDavila
    ChristianDavila Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2022 #30

Has this been completed? We pay SO much to this company. This should have been a priority. 

• Lewis Butler
    Lewis Butler Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #31

This is painfully bad. Definitely a reason to not switch to pipedrive.