Import only relevant emails from Outlook or O365

Craig Chait
Craig Chait Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all, I get hundreds of emails a day and I only want to import into Pipedrive relevant emails from Outlook or O365. I simply cannot see how to select only certain emails with specific subject lines or keywords in the body of some emails that populate in Pipedrive. 

I can do this with Monday.com from email but not Pipedrive. Example (where subject line in Inbox= “new lead” or where sender is from sales@xxx).

Also, I want to import an email to a lead but want to use the emails body as fields for organisation and person. all I can see is that the organisation and person has ti already exist in Pipedrive. 

any help or suggestions please?

many thanks 

Comments

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi Craig!

Since we are not using Outlook or O365 in our company I can't really send any screenshots for this, but I remember working with a client and you can choose which folder/label you import into Pipedrive with the emails. I hope somebody can add some screenshots here.

• Craig Chait
    Craig Chait Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #3

Hi Craig!

Since we are not using Outlook or O365 in our company I can't really send any screenshots for this, but I remember working with a client and you can choose which folder/label you import into Pipedrive with the emails. I hope somebody can add some screenshots here.

Many thanks Andre

I think I will have to write a rule in Outlook to copy or move the relevant emails to a specified folder and then use that folder to being that into Pipedrive.

Problem  is that you can’t create a new organisation and contact (I don’t think) on import into Pipedrive… Pipedrive needs to find an existing organisation and contact to link the email to. 

I feel that Pipedrive needs some way to go with flexibility on import. 
    thanks again 

craig 

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #4

Hi Craig!

Hi Craig!

I think you might be correct, it's currently my off hours from work so I can't really double-check this. An idea might be to remove sync, import everything you need into Pipedrive (all the customer data), and then resync the email all over again with that specific folder in mind.