How to Run Reports

Options
Jazmine Johnson-McCoy
Jazmine Johnson-McCoy Member Posts: 2
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hello,

I'm fairly new to PipeDrive. I want to run reports but they are not customizable as I thought they would be. I want to be able to pull from my customizable fields from my database. Learned from Support that you can not truly customize reports. You can't draw information from Leads. you can only get information from Deals. Does anyone have a workaround? Filters aren't helpful. Support stated PipeDrive is constantly making updates.  Does anyone else have this problem with not being able to pull reports? I want to be able to pull reports for birthdays, when loans were funded, and more. Any advice you have? Do you wish reports were more customizable? I also want to set it as a workflow automations to run monthly.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jazmine Johnson-McCoy - This is not the most helpful of comment, but you are not alone! Pipedrive insights (reports) is good, but not great. You will be able to extract much more data using filters (on people, deals, etc.). This, for better or for worse, gives you an exportable excel/csv list rather than a graph. 

Your foundational setup does affect the data you can extract. For example, the field type is very important. Something like a Birthday and loan-funding date should be captured in a date field. It's common that during setup people will set up custom fields as text fields rather than date, single option, and select-multiple options, which severely limits the usability of your data. If you're using the right field type, however, there's usually a way to get the data you're looking for. If you need specific help, please feel free to get in touch.

• Jazmine Johnson-McCoy
    Jazmine Johnson-McCoy Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Jazmine Johnson-McCoy - This is not the most helpful of comment, but you are not alone! Pipedrive insights (reports) is good, but not great. You will be able to extract much more data using filters (on people, deals, etc.). This, for better or for worse, gives you an exportable excel/csv list rather than a graph. 

Your foundational setup does affect the data you can extract. For example, the field type is very important. Something like a Birthday and loan-funding date should be captured in a date field. It's common that during setup people will set up custom fields as text fields rather than date, single option, and select-multiple options, which severely limits the usability of your data. If you're using the right field type, however, there's usually a way to get the data you're looking for. If you need specific help, please feel free to get in touch.

Hi @Liz Peterson 

Thank you so much for your advice! 

I will keep trying to utilize the filter fields. I just wish I could get the same information from leads. Yes- birthday and loan funding dates are in date fields. 

Welcome your help :)

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #4
    Options

Absolutely, Jazmine. If you want, you're welcome to schedule a 15-min chat with me and we can do some troubleshooting right then and then. If needed, I also have a longer working session that can be booked - https://www.opsdesigned.com/services/pipedrive-strategy-session

This discussion has been closed.