allow export/import of custom fields, email templates, pipelines

Options
Dmitri Ivanenko
Dmitri Ivanenko Member Posts: 20
5 Up Votes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

We are onboarding many agents, I've been asking for this feature for some time now.

We need a feature to be able to export the custom data fields, email templates and pipelines and general settings.

It should be possible to create a template of pipedrive setup that works for one user and export that and import into another.

We don't like the feature of having everyone under one roof with additional users as these are independent agents and we don't need mixing of contacts and initial account seeing contacts other others etc, which is how pipedrive handles it now, and payment being controlled by main account. doesn't help us at all. It might work for some companies, doesn't work for our agency structure.

Doing it manually and configuring everyone's pipedrive for our business takes many hours, albeit it works, and it should allow a simple export and import so that the setup can be duplicated.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

So if i understand you well then basically what you want is to copy a full Pipedrive account you have set up but remove all deals, persons, organizations, activities and notes? Is that correct?

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

So if i understand you well then basically what you want is to copy a full Pipedrive account you have set up but remove all deals, persons, organizations, activities and notes? Is that correct?

That is mostly correct, be able to copy what I have as a setup to someone else on my team who uses pipedrive, separately from my PD.

The key setup that is not unique to a person is being able to transfer the setup of pipelines, custom data fields, email templates, initial setup (company settings, activity types etc) , contact filters, automations. 

Feature could be: Export pipedrive settings, with further detail of being able to export each of those items, such as data fields, or email templates or contact filters, initial setup, or automations or be able to check all the options for everything. 

Then have an import of PD settings the same way ( it would simply read what's in the import and know what's being imported).

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

Thanks for clarifying. Can you please clarify one more thing so I can pass on the suggestion to the team @Dmitri Ivanenko 

What is in your case the reason you need to do this? Isn't it easier if your colleague is working in the same Pipedrive account and uses those settings you've already created?

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2021 #5
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

It would be great if they could, but they can't.

1. one billing, instead of individual billing
    2. I can see all their contacts and deals, no matter how I changed permissions, when I search for a contact, I see mine and theirs, not just mine.

The idea is simple: multiple people use pipedrive the same way, with the same custom fields, as we are from the same company, and we have to configure all the fields (custom ones), all the filters (contact), deal pipelines, activity types, automations, email templates, but they need to be independent, not under one umbrella (company), as everyone works independently.

Currently we go through a few hours of setup for each person, and if import was possible, we'd export from my account ( the setup, not data), and import into the brand new account created for them, and as such they would have the same setup immediately, and less errors during manual setup.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2021 #6
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

Thanks @Dmitri Ivanenko for clarifying passing this on to the team!

• DeployOnline
    DeployOnline Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Has there been any update on this? It is something we need as well.

When we are setting up clients with Pipedrive I setup the same basic setting like creating 2 different pipelines and 30 or so custom fields every time. I would like a way to create starting point to same me time when onboarding new clients to Pipedrive 

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #8
    Options

Hi @Dmitri Ivanenko 

Any news a year later? 😁

• Dmitri Ivanenko
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021 #9
    Options

Has there been any update on this? It is something we need as well.

When we are setting up clients with Pipedrive I setup the same basic setting like creating 2 different pipelines and 30 or so custom fields every time. I would like a way to create starting point to same me time when onboarding new clients to Pipedrive 

No news yet. Been asking for this for about 3 years but officially posted the request here a year ago or so. 

• Eddie L
    Eddie L Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I can definitely use a copy feature of a PipeDrive account too. Other agents are wanting to use the system I use. PipeDrive will get more customers if they make this easy and possible. Right now they are losing people I am trying to introduce to PipeDrive