Task Priorisation?

Walter Kremhiller
Walter Kremhiller Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello,

is there any way to prioritize tasks?

It is of great importance to prioritize the various activities and get the "big chunks" done first. A list with several dozen tasks quickly becomes confusing and makes effective work unnecessarily difficult.

How about a label field like we already have in other areas of Pipedrive?

One could then sort and filter the tasks by these labels, and work effectively.

Best regards,

Walter

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #2

You can do it in many ways using the existing options:

1. Due date is the best indicator of urgency.
    2. If not, you can use different activity types to indicate tasks that are more important than others.
    3. I advise my clients to use other data points under Deals or Persons to sort the list. For a couple of dental practices I am advising, I am using Treatment, Deal Value, Pipeline Stages as additional data points, along with activity types for TCO consultations and confirmations.
  • Walter Kremhiller
    edited May 2022 #3

2. If not, you can use different activity types to indicate tasks that are more important than others.
    3. I advise my clients to use other data points under Deals or Persons to sort the list. For a couple of dental practices I am advising, I am using Treatment, Deal Value, Pipeline Stages as additional data points, along with activity types for TCO consultations and confirmations.

Hello Amit,

thank you for your answer.

Regarding your point 1: urgency is not importance. These are two completely different aspects.

Regarding point 2: it seems to me very complicated to change the priority of a task in this case, especially when notes are also recorded. One would then have to create a new task of a different type, with all the supplementary data entries, instead of just changing the value of one field at the existing task.

Your point 3 gave me a first workaround: I use the value of the deal as a rough classification. Far from an easy and flexible prioritization of the many tasks, but better than nothing.

I would still appreciate having a simple priority label that can be set according to more complex considerations.

Best regards,

Walter

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited May 2022 #4

Maybe you can use task types [as Amit mentioned] along with naming convention 

• Laurie_58144
    Laurie_58144 Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #5

Walter:

I have the same issue, here is what I do to keep my activities clean and lump similar tasks together.  It is not ideal, but I have found it helps.  

I have a set activity icon and a set time I assign my everyday tasks to keep them together. (once you have them memorized it goes pretty quickly) 

1pm for all delivery checks

2pm for customer follow ups

3pm for vendor follow ups

4pm for ...

• Walter Kremhiller
    edited May 2022 #6

Maybe you can use task types [as Amit mentioned] along with naming convention 

Hello Boris,

i haven't tried to change the type of an existing task, so far (i was washed away by a tsunami of workload the last few days), but i give that a try. If it's really just clicking into the tasktype-field and activate a different icon, it would be a first workaround for me.  

Will report about my experiences afterwards. Thank you for your idea.

Best regards, Walter

• Walter Kremhiller
    edited May 2022 #7

Hello Laurie,

thank you for contributing here. That's an interesting approach you do there, and I'm thinking about whether and how I could incorporate parts of it into my own workflow.

However, my schedule is highly customer-centric. Therefore, it is quite likely that I will have to enter an actual customer appointment in one of the time slots that should actually signal a certain task priority. A phone call, a meeting - anything like this. And then that organization of tasks is completely broken.

Okay, I could put the times on completely inhuman times of the day, I'm just realizing.... I'll think this through more.

Thanks for your idea!

Best regards,

Walter