Issues with mailing address csv import

Brian Lance
Brian Lance Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am trying to import a csv of organizations with a mailing address field. 

After importing, the address field is blank for about half of the newly imported organizations. Why? Does the text need to be a perfect match with the text string in Google Maps? Some other reason?

I manually added some of the failed addresses without selecting the recommended auto fill from Google and it still seems to work fine (i.e. Google Maps still pulls up the correct location within Pipedrive, just the way it would if you were searching on the Google Maps website).

Any pointers out there?

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited May 2022 #2

Did you map all of the address fields separately [ie: address 1, city, state, zip, etc] or all in 1 field?

if all in 1 field that may be the cause of some of the issues

• Brian Lance
    Brian Lance Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #3

Did you map all of the address fields separately [ie: address 1, city, state, zip, etc] or all in 1 field?

if all in 1 field that may be the cause of some of the issues

ah okay i'll give that a shot. thanks @Boris Tsibelman !

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

Did mapping those fields fix the problem?I have attempted an import multiple times and many of the city, state, and zip codes do not populate. despite being mapped properly. Im talking hundreds or thousands of my 10,000 row import that has all the info populated. There is something about the way that pipedrive handles address imports. An import of the same spreadsheet into hubspot fully populates and takes less that a minute. In pipedrive it takes over a half hour and is missing tons of address data. Pipedrive support has tested it on their end and they have the same issue.

• Maarten
    Maarten Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Last 3 days I had extensive contact with the peeps of Pipedrive, they took the import-problem to the engineers and it seems completely fixed now.

I'm very happy they took the time to get to the heart of the problem and solved this issue.

I'm curious if this also solves your problem @Brian Lance & @Pipedrive User 164