Workflow Automation Based Off Time

Kolby Seiffert
Kolby Seiffert Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hello, I am new to PipeDrive and I am trying to setup workflow automations for my sales process to trigger automatically based off time. For example, one of my stages is Quotes Submitted and I want it to move to the next step 30 Days Since automatically and then to another stage of 60 Days Since automatically. Is this possible within the workflow automation section and could someone layout how to have it trigger based of time (days)?

Thank you!

Comments

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi @Kolby Seiffert - You can somewhat do this in Workflow automation, but I find it to be much more complicated then when using an automation tool such as Zapier. In zapier, you could set this up a couple of different ways using the "Deal matches a filter" trigger. You can either do:

1. FILTER: When a deal date of entering stage "Quote Submitted" is 1-month ago
    2. TRIGGER: Update deal and update deal stage

OR

1. FILTER: When a deal enters the "Quote Submitted" stage
    2. DELAY: 1 month
    3. Find the deal from step one
    4. If the deal is still in the Quote Submitted Stage, Update the deal stage

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2022 #3

HI @Kolby Seiffert 

You can do this by defining a filter like Liz has suggested and then triggering automation to update deals every day using Make/Integromat.

• Kolby Seiffert
    edited May 2022 #4

Hi @Kolby Seiffert - You can somewhat do this in Workflow automation, but I find it to be much more complicated then when using an automation tool such as Zapier. In zapier, you could set this up a couple of different ways using the "Deal matches a filter" trigger. You can either do:

OR

Hi Liz- thank you for your help. I am a rookie at Pipedrive and Zapier so I appreciate the help. I am still struggling with how to create this automation in Zapier but I will continue to research. Thank you! 

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls
    edited May 2022 #5

OR

Hi Kolby - I made a brief demo. It's unlikely exactly what you want, but hopefully points you in the right direction: https://www.loom.com/share/d20dd1a93cdd41e19b9cfa644efa4dda

If you want more targeted support, I'd recommend we set up a Pipedrive Strategy Session. These are working session where we can configure your Pipedrive account together and also work on building automations specific to your organization. 

In the meantime, best of luck. You got this!

• Kolby Seiffert
    edited May 2022 #6

OR

Liz, this is amazing! Thank you so much, this was a huge help. I truly appreciate it! I will let you know if I need further support and we can setup a call.