Visibility option for Activities (calendar sync)

Would it be possible to choose the visibility of Activities (synced from calendar) so they will not be all visible for everyone? For example if I do have an activity marked private in outlook calendar I do not want that after sync to Pipedrive it will be visible for everyone.

This will help the usability of Pipedrive so the users can fully use calendar and do not need to limit to one way sync.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Posts: 236 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Employee
    edited May 24 #2

Thanks Karel! I've noted down your feedback. 

You're right, the visibility of activities is there for the entire team. How do you feel about restricting the visibility of activities within Pipedrive itself? Let me know your thoughts. 

We are exploring some ideas around conditional sync but at the moment, it's a bit difficult to give you a concrete answer on possible ETAs or solutions. But this topic is definitely important for the team. 

• Karel Pavlicek
    Karel Pavlicek Posts: 11
    edited March 2020 #3

You're right, the visibility of activities is there for the entire team. How do you feel about restricting the visibility of activities within Pipedrive itself? Let me know your thoughts. 

We are exploring some ideas around conditional sync but at the moment, it's a bit difficult to give you a concrete answer on possible ETAs or solutions. But this topic is definitely important for the team. 

Hi Vincent,

yes also restricting visibility of activities in Pipedrive itself could be useful. As I described recently the calendar entry visibility is and issue for people who use extensively calendar also for private or not sales related items and they do not want to share them with everyone.

Thanks,

Karel

• Eden Brownlee
    Eden Brownlee Posts: 30
    10 Comments Second Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 24 #4

You can do this by using multiple calendars in gsuite - eg: crete a new calendar just for work, and a calendar just for personal. 
    For the work one, when you need to block out time you can create an away meeting sepeately to your personal calendar.

In pipdrive then in sync settings just set your appoitnments/work calendar to sync with pipedrive, you can then share that calendar with othrs so othey can als osee it in and out of pipedrive :) (then other staff can book appointmets for you too and see your availibilitty)

We do this with our sales team and it works great.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,376 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments 25 Likes Second Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2021 #5

You can do this by using multiple calendars in gsuite - eg: crete a new calendar just for work, and a calendar just for personal. 
    For the work one, when you need to block out time you can create an away meeting sepeately to your personal calendar.

In pipdrive then in sync settings just set your appoitnments/work calendar to sync with pipedrive, you can then share that calendar with othrs so othey can als osee it in and out of pipedrive :) (then other staff can book appointmets for you too and see your availibilitty)

We do this with our sales team and it works great.

Great solution!

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Posts: 236 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Pipedrive Employee
    edited May 2021 #6

Thanks Karel. Noted. 

• Alex Micallef
    Alex Micallef Posts: 8
    edited June 2020 #7

Hi, joining this conversation as we would also like the same functionality. We have colleagues who would like to keep certain meetings/activities private, but are unsure at the moment what the best way of doing this would be. 

Is there no option of making activities private/hidden in the same way emails are?

Thanks,
    Alex

• Jake Nicholson
    Jake Nicholson Posts: 14
    edited September 2020 #8

Yes, it would be very helpful to keep some activities private, especially when syncing with my calendar. 

I do have a separate personal calendar, but even for my work calendar I don't want all users to see everything in there.

Thanks.