Adding multiple Contacts/People to a Lead

Options
Chris Davis_71988
Chris Davis_71988 Member Posts: 8
5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Seems like you can only have one person on a lead.  Would be nice to be able to have multiple contacts, as we keep opportunities in Lead status until we have a shot at it (at which point we convert to a deal). But, up until that point, we may discover multiple organization contacts (and organizations!)

Comments

• Diego Semprún
    Diego Semprún Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

This is a very usual use case for us too.

And not only inside the same organization, many of our deals require the contribution of resellers, partners, etc that are also key on one specific deal.

• Ramsay Smith
    Ramsay Smith Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022 #3
    Options

100% - we would like to use Company as the basis for leads, and then have many contacts - currently only allowed to use People as the basis for Leads which makes management of an inward pipe somewhat challenging

• Michelle Liggitt
    Michelle Liggitt Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #4
    Options

We could use this functionality as well. Sometimes when communicating/negotiating with a lead, I have to copy multiple decision makers on each message. Right now I handle this by putting reminders in tasks and notes to add these people by hand to each message (or using reply all, depending on where we are in the process). But just being able to have multiple people attached to the lead and they all get put into the address field would be helpful.

• Phillip Bucey
    Phillip Bucey Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #5
    Options

Yes this would be a great help. I have multi leads or contacts in companies. Also being about to add more detail info like Birthday wife name etc would really help 

• Leandro dos Santos
    Leandro dos Santos Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #6
    Options

I would like to have the opportunity to have more than one contact in a Deal. 

And the opportunity to make e-mail automation , sendind e-mail for all the deal contacts , when a win deals, today i can just send for one person in a deal…

• Dana Godfrey, JD
    Dana Godfrey, JD Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #7
    Options

I understand the Lead being a person, but they are attached to an organization, which should have other people attached, as needed.  This connection is lost with the Lead data base. This is an issue, as discussed by the replies. 

• Brenton Oldman
    Brenton Oldman Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #8
    Options

Would also be very usual for our company too! multiple contacts / email addresses and be able to add multiple email addresses automatically when creating emails for the deal. 

• Jason McGehee
    Jason McGehee Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #9
    Options

100% agree with this. Must be a way to add another person based on preferred points of contact. 

• Matt Stiller
    Matt Stiller Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2022 #10
    Options

agreed.  Have thought the same thing.   we may have influencers and correspondence related to a deal. Not always from or with the primary contact.

• Megan Milner
    Megan Milner Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #11
    Options

I agree, this is a feature that would really assist streamline outreach.

• Bahar
    Bahar Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Certainly this is needed. Pipedrive Leads would be a lot more useful for me if multiple contacts & email addresses could be added to them.

• Dan Lord
    Dan Lord Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Agreed - adding another voice to say this would be very useful.

• Jason Young
    Jason Young Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I'd like to add +1 for this change

• Nick L
    Nick L Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

+1 for this feature, it would make deal administration a lot more straightforward.

• buddy
    buddy Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

+1 for this feature! There are always multiple people in an organization that is a Lead, that we have to track. And communication with each of them should be tracked within the Lead.

• James7
    James7 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

For those saying "+1", please go to the top and hit the VOTE button so that we vote up this feature.

• Nick Rorris
    Nick Rorris Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Could definitely find this handy, particularly when wanting to CC relevant parties in new email threads. This feature is available in hubspot and very handy/. For every lead, you can see the company, and all contacts that are with the same company. Very handy.

• JM-S4i
    JM-S4i Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes First Comment
    Options

I'd like to add +1 for this change

• Neil Levin
    Neil Levin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Adding another vote for this one. We have multiple people on a Lead .

• Kayloni
    Kayloni Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 2023 #21
    Options
  • JM-S4i
    JM-S4i Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Adding another vote for this one. We have multiple people on a Lead .

• Joris
    Joris Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Completely agree. @Pipedriveadmin is there anything you can say about the prioritazation of this feature?

• Frank Richardson
    Frank Richardson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited May 2023 #24
    Options

Plus one for me as well (I upvoted at the top)!

• Alex Fleming
    Alex Fleming Member Posts: 4
    Options

Upvoting this as well. For my company, this kind of feature is one of the differences between Pipedrive being a starting point CRM for small deals to being a CRM that can be used to manage selling to large clients. Our leads are highly complex insurance companies with multiple people involved before it even becomes a viable deal to track in our pipeline). As we scale, the lack of this feature adds to the list of reasons we will to need to pivot to a more complex CRM in the future (which we want to avoid for as long as we can!)

• Att
    Att Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Plus vote for this one

• MC
    MC Member Posts: 70
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2023 #27
    Options

Hi Pipedrive team!

Can you please make it possible to add Participants on Leads, not just on Deals?

Our team wants them on Leads as often our first conversation with an inbound lead is a conversation with the referrer (the company's external accountant/CPA) and not the eventual client (the company owner/director).

This means we want to add the referrer as a participant at the lead stage, and enter the company director as the main contact on the lead.

Hope this makes sense. (@Andreia Costa has given me a short-term workaround, re adding a 'Person' custom field and calling it 'Lead referrer'. But it would be better if Leads allowed Participants.)

Thanks!

~MC

• Edddddd
    Edddddd Member Posts: 7
    Options

Frankly I am shocked that this is not by default

When selling b2b, there is always more than one buyer, come on...

And if you're not going to help us with that, can you at least provide an article to suggest how to use the existing solution in a meaningful way?

For one lead, I have 5 contact points. What do I do?

Same for deals... perhaps pipedrive is not right for me.

• Edddddd
    Options

Why has Pipedrive not implemented this? It's been a feature request for 19 months, and it's among the top 10 features requests ranked by upvotes in this community.

• Edddddd
    Options

Hello @Mike van der Valk - would you kindly please share your thoughts?

• Edddddd
    edited January 11 #31
    Options

duplicate post -----