Leads feature is not ready for primetime!!

Give the Leads tab at least as much functionality as Contacts. TBH, I don't really see a use for Leads the way it is.  I uploaded a spreadsheet for one of my sales team members to make some calls through Justcall. I made a test call and as soon as the call was over, my lead disappeared. I had to go hunt for it (not the best use of my time!!!)  A spreadsheet is better than this feature at this point.  I then deleted it and put it as a contact so my sales guy would not waste time doing unnecessary admin work.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Community Driver Posts: 1,033
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited February 24 #2

@Steven Logreira  -- Leads is a tool that still in beta for Pipedrive.

They are going to work on making the product more feature rich as time goes on.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Community Driver Posts: 1,033
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited May 2020 #3

@Steven Logreira  -- Leads is a tool that still in beta for Pipedrive.

They are going to work on making the product more feature rich as time goes on.

PS: Definitely agree with you! 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #4

Hi @Steven Logreira  
    This is very fair feedback which I've made sure will reach the team working on it.
    I think everyone understands why we started to develop that area in Pipedrive and the potential there is for a leads section. Building great products takes time.

That being said, when we work on a feature we always release it in iterations like most other software companies. There's many reasons for that but the 3 main ones are:
    1. Bring early value for those users for which version 1 is already a great addition to their workflow.
    2. Get feedback early in a process from users like yourself in this thread about what is expected and what to improve. This way we avoid building for years on something that is not satisfying the needs of our customers.
    3. Make sure the systems is reliable and can handle the load and usage. Quality of the software.

But, great news, in the next few months will be tying in the leads section closer to the rest of Pipedrive so you can use all the features you are used to. So stay tuned and don't give up on the leads area of Pipedrive yet because it will continue to develop based on your feedback 🚀

• Valentin Bayard
    Valentin Bayard Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #5

Hey, I'm using Pipedrive for leads already with a system I built myself (a separate funnel, a lot of zapier, Outfunnel...). I can consider switching to the Leads tab but it will have to integrate with the rest of my ecosystem.

Priority is being able to add leads through Zapier.

Second is using the people profile for Leads. IMHO leads should be people with a tag.

Third is integrating Leads with other services like Outfunne to be able to set up drip campaigns for instance.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020 #6

Hey, I'm using Pipedrive for leads already with a system I built myself (a separate funnel, a lot of zapier, Outfunnel...). I can consider switching to the Leads tab but it will have to integrate with the rest of my ecosystem.

Priority is being able to add leads through Zapier.

Second is using the people profile for Leads. IMHO leads should be people with a tag.

Third is integrating Leads with other services like Outfunne to be able to set up drip campaigns for instance.

@Valentin Bayard API support will come as well during our development so Zapier and other systems can be synced :)