How are people structuring sales process steps in custom fields?

Options
Jamie Pride
Jamie Pride Member Posts: 31
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hey fellow pipedrivers,

I am curious to see how others are structuring their sales/qual processes in custom fields. At present I am including;

• Source
  • Call Objective
  • Ask
  • Solution

But am interested to see what others are capturing on the deal record to help prompt a structured approach to sales process. 

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jamie Pride 

I think this is very business-specific.

For instance, for a d2c brand, I am tracking source, items they're interested in, their purchase timeline, campaign, etc. For a dental practice, I am tracking source, treatment, agency, etc. These data points help analyse the effectiveness of the lead gen initiatives and the sales process.

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #3
    Options

100% echo @Amit Sarda here, @Jamie Pride. What's most important about your fields is that you're using single option, multiple options, and date fields vs. text and auto-complete, whenever possible. You have much better reporting capabilities with pre-defined fields compared to text fields.

• Marmitation
    Marmitation Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi Amit. I am new to CRM processes and I am trying to configure the sales workflow on the CRM for a dental practice. Did you use an external agency to configure your pipedrive CRM? I am planning to get all the leads automatically imported to pipedrive but I am a bit unsure on which stages to add.

Thank you in advance!

Options

Hi @Marmitation - I am the one setting it up for my clients, DTC or dental practices. I have 3 dental practices as clients in the UK for whom I manage their Pipedrive systems.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Newsletter: FREE Pipedrive Tips

Resources: Pipedrive Training Videos | 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples

• Marmitation
    Options

Thanks Amit. Can you please give me an idea of your cost to set up a pipedrive CRM for a dental practice? Thank you.

Options

@Marmitation - 2 had similar requirements, the third had slightly different requirements. I have had ongoing relationships with 2, while one lasted only a few months. So hard to say without exactly discussing your requirements. I have my contact details in the message above. Please feel free to book a call.

• Marmitation
    Options

Thanks Amit, do you have non-priority (free) initial calls? Thank you.

Options

@Marmitation No, I don't.

• Purnima
    Purnima Member Posts: 32
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Similar to the others.

I am a member of a networking organisation and if I get a referral from that, I use the custom fields to show whether or they are part of the networking organisation which means I can prioritise that.

• Cejih Yung
    Cejih Yung Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

@Jamie Pride I created an activity that will pop up anytime a rep is doing a discovery call. Within the activity is a pre-saved call notes structure for them to go through.

this way the reps have a structure and can fill in the responses directly in the activity notes.

i eventually automated this as well.

helpful?