Deleting a previous Email Sync

Options
Darrin Sappenfield
Darrin Sappenfield Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Up until 0730 hours on 05/26/2022, my EmailSync was functioning with expected behavior. Then, it just stopped syncing. I changed nothing. I went through this b.s. in late 2021, costing me hours and hours of engaging email I'd already dealt with, sometimes years before.

I was advised at the time the issue, while same email address, was due to the new sync now being PipeMailer instead of Nylas. Okay, I can sympathize with that. But this time, it's all PipeMailer as that sync picked up all of whatever, and I mucked through the hours of linking Deals (AGAIN!), and so forth.

Now, this ordeal becomes a reoccurring nightmare as opposed to a 'bad dream'.

All I need is the following:

• The sync which started on 05/26/2022 & one I started yesterday (05/31/2022) could be cleared.
  • It is my understanding this would revert my EmailSync back to the previous sync of [whatever was PRIOR 05/26/2022]. {when everything was working perfectly, without issue, then stopped, I reached out, etc., BEFORE 'Support' advised for me to clear cache, cookies, disconnect it (then current sync), reconnect it (then current sync), and if that didn't resolve it, start a new sync, but failing to advise about the selection below in the same screen which dictates how far back one wants the new sync to go.}
  • A new sync could be started to capture all 'new' mail items/activity on or after 05/26/2022.

Why is this not possible? I've been a User for five years. In that time, I encountered some issues between our Host (Rackspace) and Nylas in the past, which eventually got resolved by different credentials for being a Hybrid Exchange seat than its regular Webmail service.

As it stood at 1105 hours yesterday, I had 2480 mail items in my Inbox in Mail and 30 in my Inbox in my native app. That is a direct result of two new syncs that were triggered by doing 'the usual dance' as I call it. Clear Cache, Cookies, stand on one foot, go Incognito mode, wait a bit, if that doesn't resolve, Disconnect the current active sync, wait a bit, then Reconnect. And if all of that doesn't resolve, add a new account."

https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/how-can-i-set-up-the-email-sync shows a validation of 05/22/2022. But I'm being told it is not possible to just initiate a new sync and choose '1 month ago', even directly by Engineering.

In my mind, all Deal linkage, archiving, sent items, etc. prior to 05/26/2022 would be preserved, having already been involved with a 'good sync'. Then, a new sync could be initiated which captures T minus 30 days.

How and Where am I incorrect here?

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

Hey Darrin,

I'm really sorry to hear about this issue. We will be reviewing this internally with our support team and our engineers as well and we will reach back to you via email with further information.

Thank you for your patience so far.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

You should reach out to support to help resolve this.

Maybe there is something they can do from the backend to help resolve. 

• Darrin Sappenfield
    edited June 2022 #4
    Options

Hey Darrin,

I'm really sorry to hear about this issue. We will be reviewing this internally with our support team and our engineers as well and we will reach back to you via email with further information.

Thank you for your patience so far.

I appreciate your reply. A review is already underway by a team member who specializes with the EmailSync product. (I just don't want you doubling up internally. My post here was directed more at the experience of other Users.)

• Darrin Sappenfield
    edited June 2022 #5
    Options

You should reach out to support to help resolve this.

Maybe there is something they can do from the backend to help resolve. 

I have and been engaged there since 05-26-2022. But, yes, certainly remaining optimistic an astute engineer in that area of product support can assist.