Adding Activities For Multiple Contacts at Once

Matt Swintz
Matt Swintz Member Posts: 2
edited February 16 in Sales CRM #1

is there any way to have them put in a feature where I can select multiple contacts and add an activity for all of them at once? 

I spend a lot of time just going back and forth between screens so I can add contacts to an activity list for a day.

Seems like a quick and easy feature that could be added that would make this tedious task a lot faster. 

Answers

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi Matt - 

Have you thought about using workflow automation or an automation tool like Zapier for this? If there's a certain set of criteria you can define about the deals for which you'd like to create an activity, you can create a trigger based on this criteria and then the action can be to create the activity as you define it. 

• Matt Swintz
    Matt Swintz Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #3

Hi Matt - 

Have you thought about using workflow automation or an automation tool like Zapier for this? If there's a certain set of criteria you can define about the deals for which you'd like to create an activity, you can create a trigger based on this criteria and then the action can be to create the activity as you define it. 

sorry I put this in the wrong section haha

Does it have to have a deal associated with them? I keep in contact with all my customers on a regular basis whether they have an open deal or not. 

I have an activity for each person that I keep updating and adding a follow up after completing as a work around. 

However it becomes a problem for things like today when i have 100 or so customers that I would like to invite to an invent we're doing. Right now (as far as I can see it) I have to click on each one. Send the invite and then go back to my contact list, scroll down to where I was and do it again. 

Takes a lot of time just waiting on screens to load and scrolling to find my spot. 

I can't send them to everyone all at once because some of them have to be personalized. 

I haven't looked at the workflow automation enough yet so I will do that, but what I'm needing isn't overly sophisticated. 

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi Matt - Thanks for the additional context! For what you're doing today, group email is probably a great solution. Let's say 80 of the invites don't have to be personalized, you can select those 80 contacts and send a group email. It works like a mail merge, so you can use person fields (e.g. first name) to populate their specific email. For the other 20 you'll have to do the task as you're explaining, but it should still save a lot of time.

There does not have to be a deal associated with an activity. You can simply have an activity (connected to nothing), or you can have an activity attached to a person as well. 

"I have an activity for each person that I keep updating and adding a follow up after completing as a work around." - You can absolutely set up automation to create the next activity instead of doing this manually. Definitely check out workflow automation and if you'd like support, we could create these automation workflows together in a Working Session.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #5

Hi Matt,

we’re achieving this with import export:

1. Create a filter with all relevant contacts
    2. Export them with System Id 
    3. Add the activity columns to the CSV/Excel
    4. Reimport

Not sure you can create sich a filter in your setting. Maybe exporting too many and removing the irrelevant contacts before reimport is an option?

Best, Sven

• Dennis Bosco
    Dennis Bosco Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

@svamann - I like your idea. What do you mean by add the activity columns?