Workflow Automation to make custom field match label

Gina Robertson
Gina Robertson Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I would like to make a custom deal field that automatically matches the deal label.

We label deals based on the purchase number of that organization e.g. purchase 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. but I want to be able to see this label in the left column of the deal, not have to scroll up to the top to see it, so was thinking to make it a custom field that is automatically populated to copy the label. If this is possible, what workflow would trigger this?

Comments

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls
    edited June 2022 #2

Great idea! You can trigger this in a number of different ways, but "deal updated" might be a good place to start. Then anytime a deal is updated, if the label has changed, that field will be updated. It would look something like this:

• Gina Robertson
    Gina Robertson Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2022 #3

Great idea! You can trigger this in a number of different ways, but "deal updated" might be a good place to start. Then anytime a deal is updated, if the label has changed, that field will be updated. It would look something like this:

Thanks for this. Does deal updated also trigger the field updated for a new deal? And what is the action at the bottom? The part I'm unsure of is how to make the field match the label.