Help configuring From address in automated email workflow

John Kalinowsky
John Kalinowsky Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I've set up an automated workflow to send an email to the deal contact email when the deal is moved to a specific stage. The workflow is triggered by any user, but the email is always sent from my email address. 

They all have their email sync configured to their own emails. How can I configure the automation so that the email is sent from the deal owner's email address?

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @John Kalinowsky - The only workable solution is to ask everyone to set up this automation using their own account, and trigger it for them only.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Book a Call | Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email

• Matthew Baran
    Matthew Baran Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment

I had the same question. I would like to request an RFE to add the "From" variable to the action items in setting up an email automation.

• EmmanuelvdM
    EmmanuelvdM Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Email Templates are extremely useful.

Automations are extremely useful.

However, my observation is, they don't play together efficiently.

The Lead/ Deal owner email should be inserted automatically.

Emmanuel

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Hi,

You can now 'Add Users' to your workflow automation and do not need to create separate automations for each user and the email will be sent from the user that triggered the automation.

Select 'Triggered by selected users' and click on the 'Add users' link. N.B. each user will have to activate the automation for themselves.

Hope this helps!

• Matthew Baran

This is fantastic news! Thank you Pipedrive for continuing to improve the platform.

• Matthew Baran

Question on this feature. What if you wanted to send the email as the internal person who "owns" the business relationship. For example, this is a deal that is worked by employee A. But Employee B created the company record in Pipedrive and is the "owner" of that. Under email template person, it does not allow you to select the owner of the company record that the deal is associated with.

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

@Matthew Baran I have a similar predicament, whereby an email is sent from the Deal Owner when they mark a deal as won. However if the deal owner is on leave and another user is covering and wins the deal on behalf of the owner, the email will get sent from the person that won the deal, and unfortunately no workaround other than creating separate workflows for each user.

If the trigger for the automation is Deal Updated, and Employee A and Employee B are added as users to the workflow automation, the user that updates the deal is the person the email will be sent from. You could remove Employee A from the automation, so when the deal matches the trigger/conditions, no email will be sent. The deal owner would have to match the trigger and conditions of the workflow in order for the email to be sent from them.