E-mail Sequence App Advice

Options
ortizmyers
ortizmyers Member Posts: 14
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

I'm in search of an email sequence tool that integrates with PD.  Looking at Klenty/Lemlist/outplay.  Any suggestions or pro's/cons?

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeff Farrick
    Jeff Farrick Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

Hugely depends on who you're emailing. Is this for cold prospecting, or for opt-in / customer recipients?

• ortizmyers
    ortizmyers Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

Hugely depends on who you're emailing. Is this for cold prospecting, or for opt-in / customer recipients?

This is for existing customers or existing channel based leads that we need to followup/warm up.

• Jeff Farrick
    edited July 2022 #4
    Options

I suggest a multi-step process. If these contacts have transacted / engaged with you via email in the past 3-6 months, then you could skip this.

1. Send the emails through an email verifier service online. Many will come back "unknown" or potentially be marked as invalid by mistake, but the benefit is that this will increase your deliverability. For the ones that come back as anything else other than "VALID", take a more personalized, one-by-one approach, or at least segregate them into their own list that you can terminate if the campaign does poorly.

2. Take the resulting list of "VALID" emails and send through a larger service that can tolerate bounce rates over 1-3%. Klaviyo is an example of a service where you can send thousands of emails with a relatively high bounce rate with okay deliverability.

3. Anyone who takes an action item from #2 then gets pushed into your "premium" or "High deliverability" platform, for which I suggest Outfunnel, Klenty, / Outplay. I have yet to use PipeDrive campaigns in-depth, but I hear it works with workflow automations now, meaning you could sequence with it.

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

@Jeff Farrick Interesting idea. It can be even better if you send the marketing emails from a subdomain so that the bounces/spam don't reduce the sender's reputation of the original domain!. I tried something similar a few years back. Would love to connect if you have tried something recently!

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    edited July 2022 #6
    Options

@Jonathan Ortiz-Myers You could try Mailshake too. If you found the best one already, would love to hear about your experience so far!

• Jeff Farrick
    edited July 2022 #7
    Options

Sounds like you're going down the same rabbit hole I did. Sub-domains really do not protect you the way some people on the internet would have you believe.

The algorithms for email spam are getting incredibly smart and a sub-domain is just that, a sub-domain of your actual domain. While the link to your primary domain is not as direct, it still ultimately affects the deliverability and reputation of your primary domain.

Even if you use a service which sends emails from their servers, instead of your email servers, you will still want to authenticate them to send emails on your behalf for better deliverability. Once you authenticate a service like that, it too will ultimately link back to your primary domain.

The only way to truly keep your primary domain 100% safe is to create a completely separate marketing domain and do not include any links in your emails that end at your primary domain, because this too will eventually affect your primary domain reputation if you have a poorly performing campaign.

example

Domain = thinklite.com (don't use this for marketing)
    sub-domain = marketing.thinklite.com (safer, but still directly tied to your primary)

Separate domain = tl-marketing.com (safest, assuming you do not link back to your primary)

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    edited July 2022 #8
    Options

@Jeff Farrick Thanks for the insights. I tried it a few years back and was successful at that time. But sure email systems are getting better!. 

What are your thoughts on using a different reply-to address in emails? an address with a different domain.