Correct image scaling in Notes

Valentin Huwer
Valentin Huwer Member Posts: 13
First Comment

Images are not being scales in notes. It would be much more useful, if the images would just scale to the width of the note. Also, when larger images are contained in a note, the note does not fold correctly (see screenshots attached).

62b1bea0fa5d201f0e216a05_21464.png
62b1bea0534858794a8cd5c4_26734.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

It's probably better to upload the images as attachments and not embed them into the note [because the sizing wont scale properly] 

• Valentin Huwer
    Valentin Huwer Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #3

It's probably better to upload the images as attachments and not embed them into the note [because the sizing wont scale properly] 

Well, that is the point of this post. The images do not size properly and I would like that to be corrected. 

Thank you for providing a workaround, I ended up just using the fileupload for notes. Is that what you mean? I don't think there is a way to attach a file to a note (would be nice if there was a way)

• SW
    SW Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

I also noticed this. Being able to add photos to notes is not a useful feature if they are scaled so big you can't see the photo. In our use case, most photos are from mobile phones, which take large, detailed images. I'm not going to take the time to manually downscale each image before putting it into notes. Also, there is value in being able to see a full-size image. A more useful feature would be for Notes to show a thumbnail inline, with the user able to click on the image to expand it and view it full-size.