Why limit to 3 active sessions on different devices?

Joey Rivera
Joey Rivera Member Posts: 1

I have a computer at work, one at home, an iphone, and an ipad. Your software only allows three active sessions. I have to logoff my other accounts all the time when I'm switching systems. This is a bad architectural decision and needs to be changed. I do not understand why you'd limit active sessions to three.

4 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Andrew Cruz
    Andrew Cruz Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #2

Its a money grab, Pipedrive wants you to buy more seats. We have been complaining about the 3 device restriction for a while now, they don't care. Most people have a laptop, desktop, mobile phone and tablet so limiting to 3 devices doesn't make sense, it should be limited to 4-5 devices. At this point I wouldn't mind if they nickel and dime us to add a device just to avoid the annoyance. 

• Valentin Huwer
    Valentin Huwer Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #3

I was just hit with the device limit – got my company workstation, laptop, and phone logged into Pipedrive. Now I wanted to check on something on my private phone and had to log all others out. Also, sometimes a colleague (who has his own account, but unfortunately there is no shared mailbox feature in PD) takes over my account if I am working with a client all day. It works, but it is kind of annoying to log back in every time. 

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

I'm finding that the 3 device limit is too limiting. Home computer, Iphone, Ipad pro, ipad mini, work computer, conference room work computer. it's getting a little annoying having to boot all devices to sign into another.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #5

Hi @Brad Krause, I will merge your feedback to others on the same topic, so our product team can look into this further.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

@Manuel Oliveira One thing that you may want to consider is the function to allow people to select specific devices to log out of when capacity is reached. So if I am logging into a fourth device and get a waring I can keep my phone app always logged in but clear another less critical device to be able to log into a different 4th device. That would be more convenient while still allowing pipedrive to maintain the 3 device restriction.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi @Brad Krause , that makes sense the way you put it. I will be sure to pass it on to the team so they can research the feasibility of it.

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

Three devices is laughable.

I have...

• iPhone
    • Android phone
    • MacBook Pro
    • Chromebook
    • iPad
    • iPad Mini

You've created a feature that ensures power users can't use Pipedrive.

Why would you do this?

This bizarre limitation offers no benefit to your business - and causes constant irritation to your users.