WARNING TO ALL USERS USING PIPEDRIVE TO SEND EMAIL

Stephen Phillips
Stephen Phillips Member Posts: 16
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We work in email and after testing emails sent from Pipedrive, they regularly junk!
We tested the same emails native from Outlook and they all delivered. 
It appears if you use Pipedrive to send emails, they are put in a low priority pool. This affected many people getting emails proposals from us and more and has no doubt cost business. I have seen other threads about this and has been left unfixed! Pipedrives 365 integration is not native and via another bit of software. 
You have been warned!

Comments

• SBP - Sergio Peixoto
    SBP - Sergio Peixoto Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #2

Not make sense if you use same smtp configuration

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited June 2022 #3

The emails are sent through your outlook/gmail account [not pipedrive servers] ... 

• Green Rental
    Green Rental Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #4

I've seen also many of our emails getting to the spam on the other side, and let me tell you, we have had a few of t them.

We use the Office365 offered by Godaddy actually. I certainly would like @Administrator Pipedrive take a look at it at least to validate that the blocage does not come from their end.

• Jeff Bell_30338
    Jeff Bell_30338 Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #5

Are you sending your emails out:
    A) one at a time inside Pipedrive using the Mail feature?
    B) in groups using Pipedrive's GROUP email feature?
    C) in bulk using Pipedrive's new internal CAMPAIGN feature?

For what it's worth, if you're sending 'email proposals' with attachments (like a PDF) you're emails are more likely to get caught in filters, firewalls and Junk folders. We use DocSend to create links to online/private documents, include the links in the emails, and they get through/delivered just fine.

• Green Rental
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #6
    Jeff Bell said:

For what it's worth, if you're sending 'email proposals' with attachments (like a PDF) you're emails are more likely to get caught in filters, firewalls and Junk folders. We use DocSend to create links to online/private documents, include the links in the emails, and they get through/delivered just fine.

A) one at a time inside Pipedrive using the Mail feature? Yes, inside Pipedrive, mostly from a Pipedrive email template 

B) in groups using Pipedrive's GROUP email feature? Never use this feature fearing that exactly

C) in bulk using Pipedrive's new internal CAMPAIGN feature? Haven't used this feature yet

• Green Rental
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #7
    Jeff Bell said:

But I can't say it's all emails, I know for a fact that mostly all the emails are well delivered but here and there I have clients telling us they have not received the invoices or contracts, etc, I have not been able to establish a pattern related to a particular email provider, but I can say for a fact that it has happened with Gmail either business or not a business account 

• Jeff Bell_30338
    Jeff Bell_30338 Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #8

Stephen, this is a workaround/doublecheck but because proposals are money for us too, after I send ours out and I use the Pipedrive tracking feature on all my emails, if I don't see they've opened it in a few hours or a day at the most, I'll either make a phone call and/or text them on their cell (I use Pipedrive's JustCall.io integration so all the activity is tracked right there on the Deal & Person) to make sure they saw it.  Almost always when they didn't see it/get it, I ask them to check their Junk folder/filters and 'there it is'.  

Hate to say it but that's 'life in sales' as even with all this tech and PD automations, you can't control how tight other people or their IT providers, have their firewalls and filters set. Good luck, Jeff

• Mx Moritz
    Mx Moritz Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #9

Could this be because of missing DMARC settings? 
    Even if you send from your own domain and mailservers: I know this problem all too well from Hubspot