Using dates to trigger Workflow automations

Graham Cox
Graham Cox Member Posts: 155
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
edited September 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

HI Pipedrive,

It would be incredibly useful to use a date as trigger for a Workflow automation and to auto-populate date and time custom fields when using scheduler. Examples below:

1. Trigger an action x days after a date
  2. Trigger an action (eg an email reminder) x days before a date
  3. When sending booking invites out to prospects via scheduler, and the prospect confirms by clicking the Yes button in gmail, have the ability to push the confirmed date and time into custom fields

Thank you.

Graham

2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,534
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #2
    1. Can be done using Pipedrive Automation using the delay feature with some help from Make/Integromat.
    2. Can be done using Make/Integromat.
    3. Need to check the triggers, but could be set up using Pipedrive Automation or Make/Integromat.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Book a Call | Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email

• Graham Cox
    edited July 2022 #3

1. Can be done using Pipedrive Automation using the delay feature with some help from Make/Integromat.
    3. Need to check the triggers, but could be set up using Pipedrive Automation or Make/Integromat.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Thanks Amit,

Could it be done with zapier as well?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,534
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #4

Best,

Amit Sarda

I think it is safe to assume so. But when I made the suggestions above, I evaluated it against what Make/Integromat could do.

• Graham Cox

Agree with Rozzo100, it would be ideal if all these automations could be configured without having to use an external tool.

• In an ideal world, yes! :)

But this post is more than 3 months old.

Not sure how much longer somebody would be willing to wait.

When I make suggestions to solve a particular problem, especially the ones involving other tools, it is based on the assumption that you can't solve it using existing features.

My suggestions are based on what tools are available to me, within or outside Pipedrive.

• Graham Cox

Amit, I understand what you are saying and appreciate your suggestions. But when pipedrive has automations which we are already paying for, the ideal would be that those automations could use dates. Thereby avoiding paying additional monthly fees for external tools.

• I agree. I will view this post/discussion as a feature request instead of somebody asking for help. :)

• Adam Young
    Adam Young Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment

Has this got any traction yet? I'm surprised such an expensive platform like PipeDrive would not offer a simple date trigger.

I work in the travel industry and our "Deals" are holidays. It would be great to trigger emails based on custom date fields.

In our case, these are "Departure Date" and "Return Date". Ideally, we would trigger emails "60 Days before [Departure Date]" and "7 Days after [Return Date]".

Is there any chance of developing this?

• nielsk
    nielsk Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

Also it would be very useful to be able to make automation based on the expected close date on deals - doesn't seem to be possible either :-/

• Marisa Benito
    Marisa Benito Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment

This is really frustrating. Almost a year later, and still the same problem

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/35681

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation with our tailored Pipeline Management service.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/

• Elevate
    Elevate Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Agree 100%. This affects business greatly. The reason for signing up and paying for this is to keep things organized. I am constantly still forgetting things because the automations cannot be date triggered. SO much of what a business does is based on dates.

For me, after a client starts with their chef, x days later reach out to see if they want any additional meal accommodations etc.

The list goes on, but YES, this is a needed automation for many and having to go out and find OTHER services just to make Pipedrive work creates MORE work for us, when we are trying to achieve less- a better flow. 🤷‍♀️

• Graham Cox

I'm pretty sure this is coming this year. I think they mentioned date based automations in the last webinar earlier this year.