Cannot insert sender first name into email (templates)

Options
svamann
svamann Member Posts: 67
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

We use templates with fields to prepare personalized (group) emails from our team to our contacts. In such templates, I'd like to insert a field for the senders' first name. Unfortunately, only the full name (as given in the personal preferences) is supported here. For emailing contacts we call by their first name, this looks weird.

Support confirmed this feature is missing and suggested a workaround using custom fields that track the senders' first name, but this is a manual process and error prone. You can already split the contacts' names into first and last name. Why not the senders'?

62cd596d41b96548f00b6aa7_9109.png
62cd5913b2fa063281672fdc_16260.png

Comments

• Rodrigo_71979
    Rodrigo_71979 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I second this. It's a little awkward sending out emails greeting people you might possibly know on a first name basis with their last name as well.

The fields are already separate and I could have sworn this was already possible.

Looking forward to seeing more about this update.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Been discussing this with out "Pipedrive Success Manager" for a while now. In short:

• The "split module" they use for contact names is apparently "too unrealiable" for use on the user names...
    • Some PM changed
    • Still no solution in sight...

• andy@aplusrstore.com
    Options

so silly. Basic reason says if there are 2 fields in the contact name then you should be able to use just the first name. Sure I am going to email a client with their last name as well 😫