Google Analytics goal trigger for Pipedrive form entries

Bram Luyten
Bram Luyten Member Posts: 1
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

We have switched our own webforms out for Pipedrive forms. The experience has been great: easy to setup and much less spam now.

However, we seem to have lost the ability to register a Google Analytics Goal when someone fills out a form. Does anyone have an approach/solution for this, or would this be a genuine feature request?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Bram Luyten

I can tell you we're revamping our webforms as we speak, so they can feed into the new Leads Inbox feature. I'm checking with the team to know if it will cross-reference with Google Analytics or not, and I'll get back  to you as soon as I hear back from them.

In the meantime, check out the answer in this post by another user who wants to integrate Pipedrive with Google Analytics.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi @Bram Luyten

I can tell you we're revamping our webforms as we speak, so they can feed into the new Leads Inbox feature. I'm checking with the team to know if it will cross-reference with Google Analytics or not, and I'll get back  to you as soon as I hear back from them.

In the meantime, check out the answer in this post by another user who wants to integrate Pipedrive with Google Analytics.

@Bram Luyten I just heard back from the team and can confirm that the new Webforms feature we're working on will have the possibility to cross-reference with Google Analytics. 

So stay tuned for good news! 🚀

• Saša Batovanja
    Saša Batovanja Posts: 18 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2020 #4

Hi @Bram Luyten

Hi @Bram Luyten , our new Web Forms currently support redirection to custom URL with Google Analytics tracking code that allows you track your conversion. You can find out more about our new Web Forms here. Hope this helps :)

• Jarno Toivonen_6820
    Jarno Toivonen_6820 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #5

Hi @Saša Batovanja ! We're struggling with the same that the (new) form requires redirect to pass  GA tracking, and that in turn means we'd have to have multiple thanks-pages. We're using the thx message after form submit, without redirects. Any way you could add the feature to add tracking tag to the submit button itself?

• Feddo van der Molen
    Feddo van der Molen Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2020 #6

Hi @Bram Luyten ,

Well I think struggle is a big word, there are different approaches to tackle this and/or have a nice solution within Google Analytics. 

The easiest would be, indeed, to just use the ‘redirect’ field, when editing your form. On the other hand, what about other leads/deals and/or how the convert (and from which source). 

For a couple of customers, we have a nice custom work-around realized with Zapier (among others). This will give an opportunity to push Pipedrive data back to Google Analytics, with way more flexibility. And with the right setup, to do nice things. 

In example:

- Register events

- Push data back like person, source, e-mail, id, etc.

- Measure forms (as a catch-all, per form, or leadpage by example).

- Measure other results i.e. when someone is a new deal by chat for example.

- Set back (push) other results, that are not online, but could be nice to have in your GA-view/data. I.e. someone converts as a tel.sales -> new deal > yet because 9/10 the call was iniated because of the website.

- And many more.  

PS also these methods don’t care about which cms or website you use. So, it’s more future and website proof.

I you have questions, feel free to reach out (or DM me). Check https://webinnovatie.nl (it’s not updated, I know, it stands on my todo-list, but customers come first 😊 ).

Good luck!

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 343
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #7

I'd love to see a good solution without third party tools for this as well!

• Umi Meder
    Umi Meder Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2021 #8

Hello, is there any update on this? Without using 3rd party tools?