Require ability to use Custom Fields for Insights Dashboard/Reports

Options
Glenn Matthews
Glenn Matthews Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Firstly, the Insights Dashboard reporting is a fantastic improvement for Pipedrive.

One area which could however enhance this offering even more, would be the ability to use custom fields when setting up a new report.

In our particular scenario, we have a custom field on Deals called 'Business Unit' whereby deals are split across various business units within our company.  It would be great to be able to use this as a filter to create a new report. (Yes we could create separate pipelines for the business units, however this has various other drawbacks for us, and is not suitable for how we work).

Comments

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Glenn Matthews ! I am a Product Manager for Insights and I really appreciate your feedback!

Insights already supports custom field for professional plan users. It is possible to customize and create reports and dashboards using custom fields.

Can you please tell me the field type for 'Business Unit?

• Glenn Matthews
    5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020 #3
    Options
    Seda said:

Hi @Glenn Matthews ! I am a Product Manager for Insights and I really appreciate your feedback!

Insights already supports custom field for professional plan users. It is possible to customize and create reports and dashboards using custom fields.

'Business Unit' is a text field. 

We're currently on Silver legacy plan, which is apparently the equivalent of the Essential Plan.

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options
    Seda said:

Yes you are correct :) 

Text field type is unfortunately not supported in Insights yet. Following custom fields types are supported:

• Person
    • Organization
    • User
    • Date
    • Multiple options
    • Single option
    • Monetary (weighted value included)
    • Numeric

Here is a workaround how to change your text field type to single option type  fast:

• Create a new single option custom field titled Business Unit (NEW)  and options, let’s say Marketing and Partnership (should be the same as you already have )
    • Go to list view and filter all deals by Business unit (Deal Business Unit  is Marketing)
    • Select all deals and bulk edit for Business Unit (NEW): replace existing value with Marketing.
    • Do the same for remaining business unit options 
    • Go to setting, delete Business Unit field and rename Business Unit (NEW) to Business Unit 
    • Now, you can go to Insights and track your deals by Business unit

• Glenn Matthews
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I assume though, I would still need to be on the Professional Plan for the custom fields to be available? Even with the Business Unit field as an option list it does not appear in the list of available fields to use for the report.

• Seda
    edited May 2020 #6
    Options

I assume though, I would still need to be on the Professional Plan for the custom fields to be available? Even with the Business Unit field as an option list it does not appear in the list of available fields to use for the report.

Yes, you have to be on Professional plan to use custom fields in Insights or you can be on a Professional plan trial as well for 14 days.

This field still should appear in Insights for you, but as a disabled option. The reason it does not appear right now is because Business Unit is a text type field. Try transforming it to the Single option type field and it should be there.

• Glenn Matthews
    5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020 #7
    Options

Ok Thanks, I had already changed the field to a multiple option list but it still does not appear in the available list of fields. Either way, it doesn't matter for now, as we are not on the Professional Plan.