3 devices restriction

Z500 Eesti
Z500 Eesti Posts: 2

Hi!

You updated the system to restrict log-ins to max 3 devices. I understand what's your goal behind it, but it really created some issues our team is unable to resolve and we need to quit using Pipedrive. The main issue is that as we use the same e-mail to manage our sales there is no option for us to buy more seats and use the same synced e-mail account. Another bad thing is that if you forge to log out of your devices and you happen to go abroad and try to access Pipedrive, you are unable to log in, because you are unable to log out in the first place. So there should be a hard reset option to log out your devices regardless the fact if you are able to log in or not. Maybe make it possible to log in only to the "my devices" area. Bad idea?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Thanks for sharing I've passed it along to the team. In the meantime if the shared email address is the big issue then there's various solutions, one of them is for example an app in our marketplace that offers the ability of a shared inbox: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/front/8e8fa91689d06b24

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #3

Also @Z500 Eesti our support team can help you force logout if needed. Just contact them via the chat in-app or at [email protected]

• Hannu Matilainen
    Hannu Matilainen Posts: 1
    edited April 29 #4

We have very similar issues.  We have sales team who have individual logins. But we also have people who don't do sales but still need to access data for their work and they've been using single login. Expecially now that everybody's working remotely it's severly hampering our ability to access stored data, leading to a process where we need to store it elsewhere. 

• Z500 Eesti
    Z500 Eesti Posts: 2
    edited April 29 #5

In our case we didn't find any solutions for the login restrictions and we are migrating to another software that is very similar, has many more options, plugins and most of all - has no silly restrictions. And they have very good support (video chat and screen sharing) so that the migration proccess goes very well and we don't lose any data.

• Invest
    Invest Posts: 2
    edited April 29 #6

Z500 Eesti - Please share the app your migrating to. We have similar problem as you. The 3 device limit is a big problem. At a minimum allow me to manage w/o involving chat  or buy more devices. 

• Thomas Szteliga
    Thomas Szteliga Posts: 18
    10 Comments 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #7

It's a problem for me too. I use two laptops (one in the office, one mobile), a phone and a tablet and I have to logout all other devices at least 2-3 times a day because of this restriction.