Having a "Related Organization" as a customer

Carlos Francisco
Carlos Francisco Member Posts: 3
edited March 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Does anyone else have the need to have "Customer" as an option for "Related Organizations" within an "Organization"? I work within a multi-distribution industry and can sell to multiple levels of the industry.

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2020 #2
    @Carlos Francisco have you ever tried working with a custom "organization type" field. You can create a custom field for this and call it for example: customer

In here you can then store the organization that is linked to the one you're looking at. Hope that help.
  • Carlos Francisco
    edited May 2020 #3
    Hello @Mike van der Valk, thank you for the suggestion. I am using a similar custom field to differentiate between my customer channel. I call on both dealers, which can have multiple locations or "daughters" in Related Organizations. Those dealers have customers, that I also call on directly, so at a glance, it would be great to see customer vs. related which is the option I would need to choose to connect that dealer and customer.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4
    Okay @Carlos Francisco so in essence you need a better way to link multiple contact records together on different levels? Customer, daughter/other location, etc..?
  • Carlos Francisco
    edited May 2020 #5
    Yes.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #6
    Gotcha, right now the best way would be to work with custom fields. I'll pass on your suggestion internally here but I would recommend to explore the workaround with custom fields a bit further so you can tag your records. This would be the quickest solution for now.
  • Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020 #7
    I think there are many relation to define. So the relation field should be flexibel