Does anyone else have the need to have "Customer" as an option for "Related Organizations" within an

Does anyone else have the need to have "Customer" as an option for "Related Organizations" within an "Organization"? I work within a multi-distribution industry and can sell to multiple levels of the industry.
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,386 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020 #2
    @Carlos Francisco have you ever tried working with a custom "organization type" field. You can create a custom field for this and call it for example: customer

In here you can then store the organization that is linked to the one you're looking at. Hope that help.
  • Carlos Francisco
    Carlos Francisco Posts: 3
    edited May 2020 #3
    Hello @Mike van der Valk, thank you for the suggestion. I am using a similar custom field to differentiate between my customer channel. I call on both dealers, which can have multiple locations or "daughters" in Related Organizations. Those dealers have customers, that I also call on directly, so at a glance, it would be great to see customer vs. related which is the option I would need to choose to connect that dealer and customer.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4
    Okay @Carlos Francisco so in essence you need a better way to link multiple contact records together on different levels? Customer, daughter/other location, etc..?
  • Carlos Francisco
    Carlos Francisco Posts: 3
    edited May 2020 #5
    Yes.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #6
    Gotcha, right now the best way would be to work with custom fields. I'll pass on your suggestion internally here but I would recommend to explore the workaround with custom fields a bit further so you can tag your records. This would be the quickest solution for now.
  • Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Posts: 28
    edited May 2020 #7
    I think there are many relation to define. So the relation field should be flexibel