How to run a campaign using the Automation function

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Ellias Appel 

Unfortunately, the workflow automation can't yet schedule emails in the future. But perhaps you've seen that Pipedrive acquired Mailigen last March. @Gints Branks and @Janis Geranins can give you some information on how to trial Mailigen for free and set up campaigns with Pipedrive and Mailigen synced.

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/ellias
  • Janis Geranins_2639
    Janis Geranins_2639 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #3
    Options

Hello @Ellias Appel 

Mailigen's automation has a date trigger (email sent on birthday for example).

Step by step instruction on how to set it up is here.

You can sign up for a free 30 day trial account and fully test out the system here.

A full integration with Pipedrive is coming at the end of May. Current integration is in beta version and still has some minor bugs, but is usable.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions. 

• Vengat Krishnaraj
    Vengat Krishnaraj Member Posts: 13
    First Comment Integration Partner
    edited May 2022 #4
    Options

Hey @Ellias Appel ,

Have you considered using an email automation tool for this purpose? If so, I'd suggest you use Klenty. It is a complete email automation tool that can help sales teams send personalized emails and automated follow-ups at scale. It has tight integration with Pipedrive.

When you’re a Klenty+Pipedrive user, you should be able to auto import contacts to Klenty based on the filters set up in Pipedrive and start the email campaigns automatically. Using Klenty’s ‘Triggers and Actions’, you can easily sync your email engagement data like opens, clicks, and replies back to Pipedrive.

Do check out Klenty in the marketplace and read our user reviews:

https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/klenty/4ea6d81e4599a462

Hope this helps you :)

• Ellias Appel
    Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #5
    Options
    So I had thought I'd deleted this question because I was actually posting it as a how-to guide.

All that being said, I think the potential future integration of Mailigen into Pipedrive is exciting, in so far as it will hopefully introduce metrics.

Currently, I feel that the combination of email templates and the automation engine results in a MUCH better experience in personalised email communications. Especially since emails come via the default email provider (in our case, Gmail).

The only missing element is metrics of delivery and opening etc.

It would be nice if that was added as a result of the mailigen acquisition, with the ability to use for traditional email newsletter and promotional templates in mailigen's system.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #6
    Options
    @Ellias Appel perhaps @Janis Geranins can let you know here what is possible to track with Mailigen :)
  • Janis Geranins_2639
    Janis Geranins_2639 Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #7
    Options
    @Mike van der Valk certainly.

@Ellias Appel the future looks very bright, your mentioned metrics are available in Mailigen and after the current beta integration between Mailigen and Pipedrive is upgraded to a release version (end of May) this information will be synchronised between PD - MG accounts.

Full list of MG tracking metrics available here: https://www.mailigen.com/features/real-time-tracking
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #8
    Options
    Boom, awesome! 💥
  • Ellias Appel
    Ellias Appel Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #9
    Options
    v.interesting.

One of the big issues we've had in the past (and this is an ongoing issue for Infusionsoft CRM users) is emails getting flagged as spam, being forced to use very heavy design focussed templates for what you want to be more personalised email and these getting categorised by Google out of the main inbox.

The Pipedrive method of having group or template emails come from a personal account, and moreso having them be designed essentially like normal emails is VERY attractive and potentially a gamechanger. I can say that I would be very keen to keep that aspect but see metrics on delivery, open tracking etc. With the ability to 'upgrade' to a full-on campaign with newsletters etc (which obviously requires a more design focussed template approach).

I'll keep my eyes peeled.