In a web form a user should be able to enter a 6-digit "dealer code" in addition to his/her name and

In a web form a user should be able to enter a 6-digit "dealer code" in addition to his/her name and such. This dealer code represents a custom field of an existing organization. This organization should be linked as a "related organization" to this new contact. Example: Mary Lou enters dealer-code 12345. 12345 represents "Will's General Store" so Will's general store should be a related organization of Mary Lou. Ideas how to do something like this??
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 4 #2

Hi @Harald Steindl !

Unfortunately, I'm afraid this is not possible using Pipedrive's webforms alone, as it requires looking up data that already exists in PIpedrive and matching it with the data entered by the webform user.

The closest I can think of would be creating a single-option custom field in your Organizations that lists all the possible "dealer codes" (so the user picks from a drop-down list), but this will not relate the person to a pre-existing Organization, it will create a new one.

I'd recommend checking out the webform integrations we offer in our Marketplace here, as they're more specialized.

But I can tell you that we're revamping our own webforms feature as we speak to expand its abilities, so I will definitely send your suggestion over to the team for consideration! Make sure to join our Research and Beta Testing group to be the first to know and test early versions of new features coming up.

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/harald_steindl