I am setting up a workflow where when you add a contact, an activity is created for the next day to update a contact label to then send an email via template out automatically. It works perfectly. The only thing I would ask for is automated email sending based on time and day integrated in the workflow, but I understand this is being released VERY shortly. Is there an ETA on that?

Here's my request. Right now there are 32 options for Activity Creation Due Dates including in 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 1 week and so on. I need to create workflows that go beyond 7 days but give me the ability to control day by day granular. 1 week, 2 weeks won't help. I need 12 days, 18 days, 42 days. In a perfect world I need up to 90 days to create my entire workflow with a single automation.

The way it works now, I can't space out touches to my prospects more than 7 days because if I choose 7 days, 1 week or 2 weeks, it's the same day each week for the touch. Maybe that person is busy on Tuesdays. Maybe every Wednesday they leave early. It kills the randomness of my touches which I need. In addition is would be great if you had a rule that only allowed for certain activity types like emails on Tuesday - Thursday only since Friday is really a dead day for opens.

Thanks for reading, eagerly awaiting your feedback. BTW, PipeDrive is GREAT!