Is there any way to create dependent custom fields?
Custom fields / Data fields
Discuss Pipedrive's default and Custom Fields227 followers20 questions653 posts
Discuss Pipedrive's default and Custom Fields
Sign up for free today or log in now to follow this topic, join the discussion, and always stay updated.
How to get your data in your pipedrive account; get a live demonstration and Q&A from the support agents' experts. You’re invited to join our live webinar about Import!
During the session, our team will showcase to you the product, explaining in detail how it works, and much more.
- How to organize your spreadsheet
- How to map your data on the Pipedrive account
- What are the mandatory and most important fields
- How to create custom fields
- How to not get duplicated data
- How to identify errors and revert imports
In a perfect world, every Pipedrive user is creating the contacts and fills all PP fields. In the real world, he fills only a few of them, like name, phone, email or even worse - contacts are created automatically by BCC (Name+Email).
This created huge problems when your sales lead says: "Hey Roman, list me all customers in the Greece region, who we may visit next month" (Greece as an example).
The best way now to do it, is to create a filter with multiple parameters, which basically is trying to include the most possible filling scenarios. Couple examples:
- person email ends with .gr (Greece domain)
- organization's website ends with .gr (Greece domain)
- organization's address contains Greece
- person location contains Greece
- phone starts with +30 (Greece phone code)
- phone starts with 0030 (another way to store Greece phone code)
This is the best way how to do it, and it works fine! Annoying a bit but fine.
Because of privacy, I can't show you the result.
You may suggest to me, just to use only one parameter:
Organisation Address (Details) -> Country -> search by Greece
Well, you will be surprised since in 85% cases it is not working! Since Pipedrive uses the Google Maps engine for positioning, and in case it can't recognize the address (on user input, like the manager copied the address from the customer signature as it is, and Google is not giving suggestions), it will store everything as String. Even worst, if Pipedrive is... (More)
I am looking for a way to trigger an email to the customer 5 days prior to the deal expiry date.
I have a workflow from Deal Update - Condition = Date "has changed" - Action = Email
But I need Condition to be Date <5 days quoted - Action = Email, can this be achieved.