Segment or split an automation into different paths

Options

I would really like the ability to split an automation into different paths. Each path would run based on different filters and conditions. Please add to your list of ideas to implement

9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Simon - JYGA
    Simon - JYGA Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #2
    Options

Je pense qu'il serait vraiment bien d'avoir la possibilité de donner 2 actions possibles à nos conditions.

Proposer 1 "chemin" si la condition est vrai, un second si elle est fausse.

exemple :

Envoie d'un mail + délai

si "l'email à reçu une réponse" est :

• vrai - alors action : changement d'étape
    • faux - alors action : mail relance

• Rodrigo Rojas
    Rodrigo Rojas Member Posts: 57
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2023 #3
    Options

We need to request in workflows to have a PATH function, similar of what ZAPIER has to build conditional workflows (https://zapier.com/features/paths), since for example we need to do certain workflows that have different "paths" due to a conditional.

Example:

"We have 4 sales teams and we need to build a workflow to convert into a project based on the leader of each team and assign different activities based on the owner of the deal, so in this case we need to build 4 different workflows. If we only have "conditional" functionality, we can just build only 1 workflow and look for the owner and take the path to do that, similar of what is done in chatbots."

This will help the live of too many people like us that fill out hundreds of workflows in semi-complex situations like this.

• Rodrigo Rojas
    Rodrigo Rojas Member Posts: 57
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2023 #4
    Options

What do you think about this guys?

• lloydmedley
    lloydmedley Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I'd really like this too. I can make it work anyway with multiple of automations, but this would greatly simplify things.

E.g. If stage is changed to "2" then "send email template 2", or if it was changed to stage "3" then "send email tempalte 3" etc. It could all be done in one automation.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited September 2023 #6
    Options

I'm not 100% but I think this may be in the works Rodrigo. Got a feeling they mentioned conditional paths in workflow automations during the last webinar. I could be wrong though.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2023 #7
    Options

Hi everyone, there is something along these lines being worked on. I will be sure to gather community feedback in one post so the product team can go over it.

• Julian L. A.
    Julian L. A. Member Posts: 5
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hello all!

It is now Februaey 2024. Does anyone know if there has been an update om the workflow path issue?

• The same question.

Is there some estimated time of realising this feature?

• wonders
    wonders Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

This really is an absolute must especially considering the limits to the number of workflows you can have. Not being able to do paths, being limited to only one trigger per workflow, IE needing 2 workflows for 'deal created in stage' vs 'deal updated in stage' or requiring separate workflows for the same field being changed whether it's a lead or a deal requires a lot of extra management of workflows. Now imagine that for multi-lingual workflows, it's brutal.

Other platforms are constantly rolling out new features and it seems like the development at Pipedrive has reached a stand-still. While I really like Pipedrive, it is rather discouraging that development, if any, seems to be going at an alarmingly slow pace.

• ahmed ali
    ahmed ali Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

They have to add this. The workflows is very weak and i been thinking to move to GHL because of their workflows. You can pause upon reply, have trigger links to start another workflows. and so many other useful features. I love Pipedrive and don't want to change please enhance the workflows it saves us time

• wonders
    wonders Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

We actually use GHL too and have been considering switching over completely. When we first started GHL was missing some core functionality we needed so we decided to tie in Pipedrive but GHL has come a long way and continues to improve.

We really prefer the UI in Pipedrive for the agents and don’t want to switch but as we grow, automations become an even more integral part of our business and PD just has so many limitations. So end of the day, like Ahmed said, please improve the workflows :)