Birthday field / reminder for Contacts

Options
Melissa Lautenbach
Melissa Lautenbach Member Posts: 1

It would be great if we could have a field for birthday month/day without year or a calendar drop down so we can add our contact's birthday's and run filters for upcoming ones.

10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

@Melissa Lautenbach  -- you can create a custom field called "Birthday".

Ignore the year [input the current year maybe].

This way you can report on the date.

If you had drop downs with separate fields, you would not be able to use reports on these fields. 

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #3
    Options

A few of my team started to add this as a custom field but our GDPR officer requested we remove them unless the peoples details were kept private to those who enter them, which is not a possibility.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #4
    Options

I would love to see this too... and for us the goal would be to create a date-triggered automation that would send a greeting X-days prior to the person's birthday.

Happily, I understand that Pipedrive is working on the automation bit. I don't know for sure that the "birthday" object is included in the scope of this project, but it sure would be useful.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #5
    Options

@Melissa Lautenbach  -- you can create a custom field called "Birthday".

Ignore the year [input the current year maybe].

This way you can report on the date.

If you had drop downs with separate fields, you would not be able to use reports on these fields. 

Hi @Melissa Lautenbach

See here what options you can use with Custom Fields, as suggested by @Boris Tsibelman .

• Sean D. Emory
    Sean D. Emory Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #6
    Options

The system needs a native and easy to use birthday or date reminder tool. Sales management is as much about relationships of which a happy birthday goes a long way.  Also sales isn't only new sales but upsell opportunity and a b-day is an annual key touchpoint. We are inputting b-days into the system however we dont have a way to run birthday reports or get notifications without complicated work arounds.  

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 22 #7
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

Our Workflow Automation team hopes to deliver date based triggers later in the year. In this case a custom date fields can be used to trigger for example an email template being send out to the customer. So unfortunately it's not there yet (Zapier could be a solution now) but we hope to deliver it later in the year.

• Mike Doiron
    Mike Doiron Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #8
    Options

It would be great if you could have a button to have Activities set to remind once a year for birthdays for example 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 22 #9
    Options

Hi @Mike Doiron !

You can create an automation that generates a new activity for 1 year from now once you mark the initial "birthday activity" as done (the first one you'll have to create and mark as done manually): see the example below.

Keep in mind that the 1 year period will be counted from the date when the activity is marked as done, not from the due date of the activity.

• Jean-Philippe Auclair
    Jean-Philippe Auclair Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 22 #10
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk ! Did the Workflow Automation team had the chance to release the date based triggers ?

Thanks !

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 22 #11
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk ! Did the Workflow Automation team had the chance to release the date based triggers ?

Thanks !

Not yet unfortunately @Jean-Philippe Auclair it's still in the plans but we're first working on workflow for our leads in Pipedrive.

• Daniel Steyn_20524
    Daniel Steyn_20524 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #12
    Options

This is such an important feature. I appreciate that one can create a custom field, and create automation to set reminders, but there are flaws in it, what if the sales rep completed the task late and the remind for the following year gets set on a wrong day. etc etc etc  It is surprising that it is not a default feature that automatically adds reminders to one's schedule.

• Rogier van Wagtendonk
    Rogier van Wagtendonk Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 22 #13
    Options

How would you do this with the new workflow designer Ines?

• Marko Zivanic
    Marko Zivanic Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #14
    Options

Look, guys, I am not a developer or anything, but it will take the same effort to create a filter for birthdates as it would take to create the whole CRM system from scratch at this point.

Another point is that a person who gets paid a lot of money to develop things created a birthday filter that is not filtered by only day and month but also the year. 👏👏👏

I've should have stayed with excel...

• Steve Johnson_827
    Steve Johnson_827 Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #15
    Options

Let's keep asking for a Birthday field, with the Year included.  I've never seen a CRM without birthday, month, day & year and it calculates the age.  This is a very important field for almost every salesperson I've ever met.  Does anyone understand why it does not current exist in Pipedrive? 

• Kilian Heide
    Kilian Heide Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #16
    Options

Hey there,

we have a custom data field in which we fill in the birth date of our contacts.

If we now want to get a list of all contacts with birtdays in August for example, there is no possibility to create a usefull filter. If i filter for this data field i can only search for the exact birth date, not the annual birthday.
    We need this to send our contacts some birthday wishes and a little gift. But in Pipedrive it seems like there is no way for reminders of birthdays.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited April 23 #17
    Options

Try to use this filter logic:

BIRTHDAY [IS GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO] TODAY

then sort the list by birthday [in descending order]

• Kilian Heide
    First Comment
    edited April 23 #18
    Options

Thank you for your reply, but this don't work how I need it.

If i follow your instruction, i get all birthdates from year to year.

What I need is a list of the month (eg. August) to see who has the birthday in August.

You know what i mean?

• Boris Tsibelman
    edited April 23 #19
    Options

I understand.

Maybe try to create an automation that populates a new field called "Birthday month"

based on the month inside of the 'dob' field populate a new field that gives you just the Month

Then make filters from this new field

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 23 #20
    Options

I think this would work for you:

• Kilian Heide
    First Comment
    edited April 23 #21
    Options

Thank you for your comment.

But no, this doesn't work. We have the field "birthdate", so with your filter, there would only be contacts which are born in July 2021. 

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 23 #22
    Options

Oh that's true...

• Jacob Hamel_57624
    Jacob Hamel_57624 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #23
    Options

How can I set up a birthday reminder ? I tried with Zapier, but still can't do it. The problem is mostly the year

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 22 #24
    Options
  • Richard De Pinho
    Richard De Pinho Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 23 #25
    Options

this is unbelivable, a crm with no birthdays filter or list??

• Chris Huebner
    Chris Huebner Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #26
    Options

Hi @Mike Doiron !

You can create an automation that generates a new activity for 1 year from now once you mark the initial "birthday activity" as done (the first one you'll have to create and mark as done manually): see the example below.

Keep in mind that the 1 year period will be counted from the date when the activity is marked as done, not from the due date of the activity.

I tried the suggestion above and it works - however, it works on EVERY task that I mark as complete - including the ones that have nothing to do with a contact person's birthday. How do I narrow it down so it only does it for birthday reminders?

• Jean-Philippe Auclair
    Jean-Philippe Auclair Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 22 #27
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

Our Workflow Automation team hopes to deliver date based triggers later in the year. In this case a custom date fields can be used to trigger for example an email template being send out to the customer. So unfortunately it's not there yet (Zapier could be a solution now) but we hope to deliver it later in the year.

Hey @Mike van der Valk  ! Do you have any news for this topic ? Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 22 #28
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

Hi @Jean-Philippe Auclair 

I'm very sorry to say the same thing again..
    It looks like some work got postponed or took longer than we originally scoped :( 

So work is in progress to make this possible during this year. No exact ETA that I could get from the team though unfortunately.. but good news is that it's in the plans! 

• Luke Szkudlarek
    Luke Szkudlarek Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #29
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

I also need this feature

• Antonio
    Antonio Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 22 #30
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

this feature is FOUNDAMENTAL for a CRM c'mon!

• Greg Selters
    Greg Selters Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #31
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

@Mike van der Valk any update on this feature?  I'm surprised this isn't a priority as birthdays, client anniversaries, and other reoccurring dates are huge hole in PD.