Auto-Numbering

Options
RG
RG Member Posts: 26
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Is there a way to auto-number our deals?  PO numbering?  It is a pain to go back and check the previous deal entered to number the deal being entered--especially if the last deal entered is moved further forward in the pipline.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

You can run a zap [zapier.com] to auto number each one sequentially. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2020 #3
    Options

@Rob Grubbs each item in Pipedrive also has and ID number which you can find back in the URL of the item. You could use that potentially since that automatically adds a nr each time you start a new deal for example

• Larry Lieberman
    Larry Lieberman Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2022 #4
    Options

You can write an automation rule to incorporate the deal ID number into a PO field.  I wrote on to add the deall number to the beginning of a title.  

Notice below that all the deal names have a ID number in front of them,  This is automated.

Under Deal Automation set this up

Instead of you updating the title field you can add a custom field called Customer PO like i show below,  the result of what i have circled in red will fill the field with 202100  (if the deal number is 100)

• Paul Downes
    Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5
    Options

So I would have a deal set up for a client. However, working on that deal, I could possibly have 4 or 5 external contacts that I would like to be automatically linked with the deal without having to go into each person separately and link them. Will numbering them like above work or is there some other way?

• Larry Lieberman
    Larry Lieberman Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2021 #6
    Options

If you have a single deal that all these people are associated with you can go into the deal and on the left you can add these people.  then new emails coming in from those people will link to that deal (I think).  The problem I have is that i work on a lot of deals with the same people so I had to turn off the automatic email linking because it would like people to the wrong deals.  I link the emails to deal manually and if the subject line stays the same then I only have to do it once.    You give me an idea,  as i showed you above I put the ID number into the title, maybe I can setup automation to look for that number in the subject line of a email and then link it to the matching ID assuming the subject line is not already linked.

This discussion has been closed.