Link email to DEAL!

Martin Pfeiffer
Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
5 Up Votes First Comment

Dear Pipedrivers,

I guess we all are big fans of linked emails to our deals BUT I for example have couple clients with who we work on dozens of jobs over the year.

If I link the new emails related to a new deal to that new deal all my communications disappear from the previous deal!!! This is far from ideal.

My suggestions here would be:

• link emails based on email subject line
  • relink all new emails based on when (=> date & nothing before = no older emails) an email had been linked to a new deal and also stop those new emails showing up in older linked deals
  • the above only works when we do one deal at a time with a client
  • BUT we have sometimes 5+ simultaneous open deals with same client with similar or same contact person/participants involved for which a custom link to deal function might be required: like (email subject line + from the date of linking to a new deal)
  • or emails can be linked/unlinked individually

Would like to hear if the community has any suggestions for the interim + ideas for a feature suggestion therefore.

THX

3 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Ed Stephenson
    Ed Stephenson Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #2

Or, Keep all email sent from within a deal in that deal forever. Incoming mail can be assigned to a deal and should also stay there.

This is a HUGE deal (no pun intended).......

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited January 2021 #3

Hi @Martin Pfeiffer thanks for bringing it up. We have a team working on emailing in Pipedrive and threading emails and linking them has been one of the hardest nuts to crack for sure and it's definitely not ideal yet. I'll make sure your comments reach our email team for future improvements on that front. Thanks again!

• Matias Böhmer
    Matias Böhmer Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #4

HI @Mike van der Valk, any updates on this matter? At our company we include the Pipedrive deal number in every email subject, maybe this could help in linking emails to the correct Deal.

• BFL
    BFL Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

@Mike van der Valk

Hi Mike, here at Blue Field Law we have clients that have several open deals and all have the SAME email. Currently all emails starting from one deal gets crossed into another and makes a huge mess. To unlink and link each email is no easy task either. First go to all emails find the one to unlink, unlink it and then link it to the correct deal. There are 100's of emails and this does not work.

1- Any solution so far for this? The support people don't really get the problem and when they do they have no solution.

2- Can we link/unlink emails with an outside api (zapier) according to some characteristic of the email for example we can embed the deal number in the subject like (2897) and zapier can then unlink anything with (2897) in the subject and link it to the 2897 deal. Does the api side of pipedrive allow for something like this?

3- Any other suggestions.

Also note there are two scenarios. One is pipedrive creating a new email and the other is the outside party sending a new email starting a new thread. The second case, there is no way to know which of the mulitple deals with the same email this new email belongs to and that's fair game to link manually. However today even if we send a new email from a given deal, the entire thread will appear randomly in another deal belonging to the same email. The key to deciding on which deal should not be the email, it should be either the deal ID or Email + deal ID if email is required for some other reason.

Thanks

FM

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs

Hi @BFL I've reached out to the product team on this area, I hope they can provide me with an answer. I'll keep you posted the coming period 🙏🏻

• Hi guys! Joining this thread after experiencing some issues with email linking. We have a conversation going with one contact. He has been connected to another deal in the past. Email conversations are in separate email threads but it seems impossible to link the two conversations with him to two different deals, which would be the desired outcome here. Seems like the issue compares to whats written here from before. Would really like som more flexibility here.