Sender of automised emails

Options
Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Hi,

I want to send emails triggered by moving one deal to a specific stage. No problem with one person. 

If I have this automisation triggered by everybody else as well, the email is sent with MY email address. So if I want my team to send the email with their own email address, they have to recreate the automisation. 

It would make very much sense, if I could find this option in the automisation (I could live with a permission request for all users - I understand that I can not create automisations which allow me to send emails with other email addresses). But at least it should be possible to duplicate my workflow.

5ea190d0b1c4fa58bd7d5796_22830.png

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Bernd Auer !

I did some investigation on my end and it seems you're trying to duplicate an automation that was created by another user - that's why it won't let you (check if you're in the "created by others" tab). 

You can only duplicate automations created by yourself (in the "created by me" section).

That being said, I can absolutely see how it would be useful and time-saving. We've made sure your feedback reaches the team. Let's see what the future brings! 

• Sam Karim
    Sam Karim Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Definitely agree. I would rather have some of these email being sent from my support inbox and not my own even though I created the automation. 

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options
    Sam Karim said:

Definitely agree. I would rather have some of these email being sent from my support inbox and not my own even though I created the automation. 

Hi @Sam Karim ! Automations will send the email from whatever email account its creator has synced with Pipedrive. I'm guessing in your case, you've synced your own individual work email account with Pipedrive but would like the automation to send the emails from another general email account, like "support@companyname.com" , is that correct?

• Sam Karim
    Sam Karim Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #5
    Options
    Sam Karim said:

Yes exactly. Or from the deal owner depending on the context

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options
    Sam Karim said:

Thank you for clarifying. I'm afraid that first possibility is not in our plans at the moment, but I sent the team your feedback.

To send from the deal owner, each owner will have to replicate the automation in their own account, and ideally I'd say it's best that they set it to be "Triggered by me only".

• Amanda Torabi
    Amanda Torabi Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Changing Sender Email

Hello,

I am looking to change the sender email.

I am sending many email on behalf of the founder and I need to be able to change the sender email.

I don't want the receiver to see ME as the sender, but the FOUNDER as the sender.

How can I do this from my login. I don't want to send from Founder's login.

Please advise.

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #8
    Options

Changing Sender Email

Hello,

I am looking to change the sender email.

I am sending many email on behalf of the founder and I need to be able to change the sender email.

I don't want the receiver to see ME as the sender, but the FOUNDER as the sender.

How can I do this from my login. I don't want to send from Founder's login.

Please advise.

Hi @Amanda Torabi ! Please see the answer to your question in  this other thread.