Send Email Later in Leads

andreinfante
andreinfante Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes

We have the option of sending an email later but only in the Deals section. This would be really useful in the Leads section as well. Please!

Tagged:
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Bill Steele
    Bill Steele Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #2

After some confusion last night, Pipedrive confirmed that as of right now you cannot schedule send an email from a Lead. It appears everywhere else: Mail, Deals, etc. but not Leads. They kicked it to the Developer Team so fingers crossed, sooner than later.

• Jamie Pride
    Jamie Pride Member Posts: 31
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2022 #3

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it appears that the send email functionality for leads is different for a normal deal/contact. Is it possible to time schedule an email in leads? I can only see an option to send - not send later. 

I'm starting to regret migrating to the lead inbox if the functionality is not comparable.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2023 #4

Hi Jamie,

My advice here is to create another pipeline under Deals and call it Leads.

Although I would advise treating the first couple of stages of your Deals pipeline as Leads.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email | Community

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2023 #5

Hi Jamie! 

Currently, it is a limitation and expected that the Leads view does not allow sending Scheduled emails. We are looking into it further for the future, but right now you should still send them up under Deals or Contact people. 

• Jamie Pride
    Jamie Pride Member Posts: 31
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2023 #6
    Kreete K said:

Hi Jamie! 

Currently, it is a limitation and expected that the Leads view does not allow sending Scheduled emails. We are looking into it further for the future, but right now you should still send them up under Deals or Contact people. 

Thanks Kreete - we really love your product - fanatical even - but have completely given up on the leads inbox as it is really not fit for purpose when it comes to prospecting. Probably ok  for triaging web leads but that's about it.

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2023 #7
    Kreete K said:

Hi Jamie! 

@Kreete K 

Lead inbox and functions related to them seems very disconnected or needs a better use case driven approach. Many community experts like @Amit Sarda are suggesting not to use leads and they are right. 

Do you have a roadmap on what we can expect on leads in future?

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2023 #8
    Kreete K said:

Hi Jamie! 

Hi! 

Currently, we do not have a roadmap to share, but Leads is certainly something we are continuously improving and adding functionality to it.

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

1+ vote for this improvement

• Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 149
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

I agree. Send Later option for email is important also in lead section

• gradient_marketing
    gradient_marketing Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2023 #11

Hey everyone, I use Pipedrive's leads inbox and email every day. I schedule emails in advance because I'm reaching out to leads all over the world and want to optimize the time they receive them. Today I tried to schedule an email from the leads inbox, to cut down on administrative time—and it wasn't possible. The only option was to send immediately (see below), as opposed to having the option to "Send Later" that the email page provides.

I reached out to support and they said this is not currently a function but if more people asked for this feature, it would be considered. Has anyone else run into this issue or wanted this feature?

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 96
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited May 2023 #12

I can definitely see the value in this feature and given it's available in the email section it would make sense to have it available in the lead section.

• Brandon Wood_1990
    Brandon Wood_1990 Member Posts: 51
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2023 #13

This seems odd that you can do this when sending emails to contacts, sending emails to contacts in deals, but not emails sent from the leads section. That appears to be an oversight

• Tan In Van
    Tan In Van Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

+1 vote for this please!

• Jake Kushner (JLK)
    Jake Kushner (JLK) Member Posts: 44
    First Answer 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes

cc @Manuel Oliveira for visibility - see my comment above re combining these related threads :)

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi @Jake Kushner (JLK) ; thanks for the heads up. The threads on Sending Emails Later from Leads have been merged.