Ability to be able to sort products alphabetically/numerically

Michele Aldrich_376
Michele Aldrich_376 Member Posts: 6
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Surprised to find out it's not possible to sort products alphabetically or numerically, rather listed according to when they were added. 

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #2

On the products page it is sorted.

Do you mean when adding a product? I think the rational is to search for it using any part of the name. I find it effective. Does it not work well for you?

That said, the drop down menu should be 'most commonly used' in my opinion.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Michele Aldrich !

I'm going to piggyback on @Jay Wealcatch 's answer: in the list view you can sort the Products by whatever criteria you prefer by click the header of the respective column. When adding Products to a Deal, they do get stacked according to the order in which they were added. Is that the situation you're thinking about?

Thank you for your feedback!

• Michele Aldrich_376
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #4

On the products page it is sorted.

Do you mean when adding a product? I think the rational is to search for it using any part of the name. I find it effective. Does it not work well for you?

That said, the drop down menu should be 'most commonly used' in my opinion.

Thanks Jay,

Yes, I was addressing the products page.   After trying out a couple more fields for sorting, it works for some but check out the funky sorting in "Area" in the first screenshot. 

A pipedrive rep helped me recently and let me know everything was sorted by the order I added and through the assigned ID number I have displayed here, which is what I was testing out. 

However, I found that my products are being sorted alphabetically or numerically with only occasional fields not doing it, basically just making me think I'm going crazy lol 

Since most field dropdowns work, I am ok now! Thanks for your reply. 

• Michele Aldrich_376
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #5

Hi @Michele Aldrich !

I'm going to piggyback on @Jay Wealcatch 's answer: in the list view you can sort the Products by whatever criteria you prefer by click the header of the respective column. When adding Products to a Deal, they do get stacked according to the order in which they were added. Is that the situation you're thinking about?

Thank you for your feedback!

Thanks Ines, 

Yes, the dropdowns are working for most fields so I'm ok now!  I was told they were sorted by ID which is what made me initially frustrated ;) 

It seems to be just the occasional one or two dropdowns that won't sort, which I can live with atm. 

• Chris_11719
    Chris_11719 Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2021 #6

Noticed that same thing. It would be nice if the Unit sort was in numerical order small to large.

• Jordi Damen
    Jordi Damen Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #7

Is it possible to sort deals alfabetically?

• Morten Sørensen
    Morten Sørensen Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2021 #8

I think it would be handy if it were possible to sort the order of the products added to a deal. Often, we would create deals consisting of products and accessories. For quick overview, the products need to be grouped separately on the list of products. To do that, we carefully choose the order in which we add products to the deal, as they cannot afterwards be sorted. It's a big issue for us, as we cannot easily change or add to the products afterwards. 

Please give us the ability to manually (and ideally also automatically) sort the deal product list.

• Christina Eberle
    Christina Eberle Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

I know its been a while since this thread has been created. Is there any update on this? Beeing unable to sort appropriateley is a huge pain point for us.

Best,

Christina

• inRidgefield
    inRidgefield Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

If you click on the header "NAME" for example, the list gets sorted alphabetically.