Suggestion: Checklist Feature for Deals

Joe Palin
Joe Palin Member Posts: 5
5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi All

I'd love to suggest a Checklist feature for Deals. 

Similar to cards on Trello or Asana, I believe adding a customisable list of tick-off/strikethrough items to a deal, would allow us as users keep track of various administrative or key tasks that inevitably crop up when managing a deal through the pipeline. 

Eg. We use Pipedrive as our Recruitment CRM. As the candidate enters the process, along the way we collect ID, visas (if applicable), gather references, confirm start dates etc. All these are actionable sub-tasks that need to be prepared for and subsequently checked off as the process unfolds. Having this function within a deal would be great. 

Any thoughts welcome! 

5 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Thanks for the suggestion Joe!

Until we're able to create such a feature, I would suggest using Activities and Deal Fields to help fill the gap (although it won't control deal movement through stages).

• Sabrina S
    Sabrina S Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #3

We are using pre filled notes to remind about checklist to sales in notes. But definitely a cool and needed feature

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4

We have made automated actions per stage. When all the actions are completed the deal changes stage.

• Joe Palin
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #5

I can see the benefit of using activities, if each task required a date/time to be completed, but I'm more referring to tasks that are open-ended. Or tick-box tasks that are part of the deal that don't require a reminder date. 

It's a very specific example for us, but feels like it could be really useful to have within a deal, to manage those micro/sub-tasks that often come up.

• Justin Stephens
    Justin Stephens Member Posts: 27
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

I felt the same way - We started using the automations to create checklists of activities that we can clear as we accomplish them. Once you get start it isn't too hard to make it happen!

If it would be helpful, I'm happy to jump on a call and show you what we are doing!

• Benji Watters_2268
    Benji Watters_2268 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #7
    Joe Palin said:

I can see the benefit of using activities, if each task required a date/time to be completed, but I'm more referring to tasks that are open-ended. Or tick-box tasks that are part of the deal that don't require a reminder date. 

It's a very specific example for us, but feels like it could be really useful to have within a deal, to manage those micro/sub-tasks that often come up.

I agree @Joe Palin ! I think that would be a great feature to be implemented. 

What we are doing right now is using a custom deal field with a multiple choice option. For example, with our customers we have multiple mail-piece options  that we can send to our customers. Not all customers get the same pieces and there isn't a specific time we need to mail these pieces. We have a field in our deals called "Mailed Pieces" and there I can just select from the different options as they are sent out. This helps me keep track of what was sent to that particular customer. 

• Joe Palin
    5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020 #8

Thanks for the suggestion Joe!

Until we're able to create such a feature, I would suggest using Activities and Deal Fields to help fill the gap (although it won't control deal movement through stages).

Thanks for reply, David. 

Personally, I don't think utilising Activities is the best hack. We already have 11 possible activities encoded into our deal stages, and they're typically fixed based on the actual stage the Deal is at. That works well, so no need to change it. 

I'm referring to more micro-items that need to occur in any one deal, which may differ on each deal. So as a talent company, we may have a list of 5 studios we would want to introduce the individual to, in addition to securing their ID, booking their flight and a bunch of other tasks that may differ from the next person (or deal). Therefore, I'd suggest a custom section that allows for a custom 'to-do' checking-off, tick box style would do it. It could even be incoporated into the notes part, as you've done with bullets, numbers and image files et al. 

Hope that makes sense. 

• Jennie Lau
    Jennie Lau Member Posts: 18
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 2021 #9

I felt the same way - We started using the automations to create checklists of activities that we can clear as we accomplish them. Once you get start it isn't too hard to make it happen!

If it would be helpful, I'm happy to jump on a call and show you what we are doing!

Hi Justin, are you talking about workflow automations? Curious what your workaround is. I agree with what Joe Palin has suggested that we all need customizable checklist as each deal has different minuscule task that keeps it from moving onto the next stage in the pipeline. Thanks!

• Chase Aldridge
    Chase Aldridge Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #10

Honestly, I decided to sign up for the community to specifically find if this had been suggested and agree a simple checklist would be helpful.   I'm fairly new to Pipedrive and am still learning all the features.  It seems there are many ways to customize but how to be specific to the type of deal we are working can get cluttered.  The automation portion is still a bit overwhelming but hope to learn more about it as we go.  Specifically for insurance, to see what work has been completed on the deal, and maybe per stage, would create efficiency if we can have checklists we can customize based on the deal.  Possibly where you can't move the deal through stages until the tasks are done?  An automated activity per stage seems reasonable but can clutter an activity box in a hurry.  Also, we work deals back and forth between users through the stages and we might "assist" each other on tasks as we go but may not see the activity.   Having that visual, like a note, on the deal that could be built like a template would be useful.

• Justin Stephens
    Justin Stephens Member Posts: 27
    First Comment
    edited August 2021 #11

How I did it was created different pipelines that are based on the overall deal properties. Once I had that, I created automations for each of the stages based on what needed to happen. If it is something that is going to be different depending on each client, the task is more generic to fill out all of the other processes/activities that need done.

I don't think it is perfect by any means, but it works for me!!

I also have one stage that has everything assigned and I delete what I don't need.

again, not perfect, but it is working for us!

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020 #12
    Jan Bons said:

We have made automated actions per stage. When all the actions are completed the deal changes stage.

Sounds cool.

Can you explain further what you mean? Are you referring to activities?

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020 #13
    Jan Bons said:

Hello Jay,

When a deal changes a stage we automated that one or more activities are placed into the deal. 

To make sure that you can see what is automated and what personal activities are we put the letters AA in front of the activity. 

Ex:     AA - The DMU for this deal is perfectly known !

In the left section we made a dropdown menu for the DMU and a text field for further explanation.

You can make the field on the left a required field, so to change the stage the field has to be filled. Otherwise they can't change the stage.

Hope it helps

Jan

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 2022 #14

Although for me at the moment I decide to interact with a lead, it automatically becomes a prospect and is already a candidate to create an agreement and follow the normal process, I recognize that a simple checklist (ideally with a massive editing option) in the new lead function could avoid accumulating a forgotten hill of potential good opportunities

• Mikk Märtmaa
    Mikk Märtmaa Member Posts: 25
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #15

Wouldn't using important / required fields fulfill the same purpose as checklists? 

These fields are always on the top of the data field list for deals, and with required fields, you have to fill the field (check the box) before you can continue to the next stage or win the deal. 

• Team Brazil
    Team Brazil Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #16

When are we going to see a simple Check list ( easy to share by email ) like to following ?

• Ed Stephenson
    Ed Stephenson Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #17

When are we going to see a simple Check list ( easy to share by email ) like to following ?

Or at least add the strikethrough that is available in this help center note

• Manu Singh_9874
    Manu Singh_9874 Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2020 #18

I don't see how this simple checklist feature hasn't been added to deals yet? I would think this is easy to code in. Not complex Just a bullet list with checkboxes. I ve been 2 + years for it 

• Evangeline Villanueva
    Evangeline Villanueva Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #19

We need a simple check lists to be added! Please, start working on it!

• Mike Black_13393
    Mike Black_13393 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #20

This would be fantastic. If you could automate adding this checklist when moved into a new stage.

• Sandeep Kumar
    Sandeep Kumar Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #21

Just wondering if anything has changed in last 6 months. I see several threads speaking about this feature and yes automation is pretty hackish, a simple checklist is all I wish for.

• Andrew Earles
    Andrew Earles Member Posts: 10
    First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary

It'd be great to get an update on this from Pipedrive. This feature is really needed!

• This seems like something that could easily be done with Custom deal fields.

• Anthony T
    Anthony T Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Justin Stephens Hi Justin. I read you post in May about automating tasks. Do youhave a moment to chat or for us to call/Zoom? We are looking to create the same activities (over 25) every time a lead turns into a deal. Anthony T