edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1
How do you make sure your prospects do not ghost you? 🤔

60a4b6f1e45cd5f630652ac8_19801.png

Comments

• Shobhit Gaur
    Shobhit Gaur Member Posts: 127
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Integration Partner
    edited May 2021 #2
    @Inês Batata am I doing the right things to ensure the community member see the poll?
  • Justus Lubahn
    Justus Lubahn Member Posts: 42
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #3
    Ask for the specific reason, why they hesitate. What exactly are they waiting for? Try to question that reason and push for a clearer answer. Get a feeling for what reasons are behind them not going forward and try to argue against those reasons. Create a sense of urgency or motivate them, to act quicker. If all else fails, be nice and tell them, you will call in 3 months, then call in 2 months and tell them, last time they were interested but still hesitant and that you hope, we can push things along now.
  • Ahaan Pandit
    Ahaan Pandit Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #4
    I would also add consistent touch bases that provide them value :)
  • Srivaradha Vanamamalai (Sri)
    edited June 2021 #5
    I would say the same thing as Justus. Prospects usually ask us to get back in 3-months because there's a deeper reason. Peel the onion. Align with their underlying emotions: It can be because they're overwhelmed right now, it can be because they're interested but are not up for renewal for 9-months, it can be because they recently implemented something at which point it's best to unqualify the contact on Outplay.

So peel the onion & align with their thoughts. You avoid burning out a bridge and winning a customer for life.
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #6
    @Shobhit Gaur Yes you are, you're the master of topic-tagging :)

Just please avoid using the "Feedback & Suggestions" one unless you want to send us product feedback or feature suggestions, as it sets off an automated alert internally. Thank you!
  • Shobhit Gaur
    edited May 2021 #7
    @Inês Batata Thank you for the kind words, I have learned by watching the tags from your posts :)

I won't include the F&S tag for posts like these. Thank you.
  • Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited May 2021 #8
    I also ask - 'If you don't want me to follow up, please let me know so I don't waste your time (or mine)"
  • Shobhit Gaur
    edited May 2021 #9
    @Paul Minors I love how short yet effective this message sounds!
  • Keith Gereghty
    Keith Gereghty Member Posts: 58
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2021 #10
    Sandler Sales Training. Look online for the Up Front Contract which lays out the expectations from your meetings between the buyer and the seller. Including that you expect a "Yes" or a "No" from either the client or yourself...as in should we move forward to the next level of talks or not. It also avoids having to deal with "clients" always wanting free consulting like your example possibly provides. Good stuff.