I'm building a workflow automation and it's asking for the "Email Template Lead". What does this mea

Kyle A
Kyle A Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1
I'm building a workflow automation and it's asking for the "Email Template Lead". What does this mean?

Answers

• Shanon Aitken
    Shanon Aitken Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #2
    Hi all, I've got the same problem, I cant seem to progress without entering something in the field. Can anyone offer a solution?
  • Paolo DiVincenzo
    Paolo DiVincenzo Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #3
    Same problem
  • Corbin Fonville
    Corbin Fonville Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #4
    I had this issue! It was because my template required a "Person Name," and that's a lead field. BUT my template was intended to be used when I moved a deal from one column to another. I changed the template (not the workflow) to require "Deal Contact Person" and it was fixed.
  • yazan.inaim
    yazan.inaim Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

This is a good workaround, but I dont want to create a deal to send emails to my clients, I am using tags and based on tag change I want to send an email.

Anyone solved this issue without creating a deal!

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls

@yazan.inaim what trigger are you using for the workflow automation and by tag, do you mean label? Assuming you're using labels on Leads or People, here are examples of how you should be able to build this automation:

Label on Lead:

• Trigger: Lead Updated
    • Instant Condition: Lead Label has changed to {{INSERT LABEL YOU'RE USING}}
    • Action: Send Email --- then select to "Lead contact person email"

If you're adding the label to the person, it'd be:

• Trigger: Person Updated
    • Instant Condition: Person Label has changed to {{INSERT LABEL YOU'RE USING}}
    • Action: Send Email --- then select to "Person primary email"

The above automations can also be used if, for instance, a custom field changes. You'd just update the Instant condition step. Let me know if this does the trick!

If you would like additional support, feel free to reach out.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations