is it possible to set an activity to be triggered x days before a date created in custom fields? an

Options
Owen Langis
Owen Langis Member Posts: 6
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1
is it possible to set an activity to be triggered x days before a date created in custom fields? an example would be I have a home purchase closing on September 25th, and I would like to set up my workflow to create a follow-up activity automatically 5 days before the close date on all purchases. this would be amazing!

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

This is possible with Zapier, but not with Pipedrive automation, unfortunately.

• jcavallaro
    jcavallaro Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Can anyone advise if since this post above if Pipe Drive has added or changed to include the above functionality? Or how to use Zapier for this as responded.

1. create a custom date field in the lead "reservation date" or a "closed date" then will trigger 2. and send a triggered automated email template XXX days prior to the contact/lead of that date 3. Once their stay is over the email will have to either stop or send new email if they book a different reservation/close date for new transaction

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

Try accomplishing this using Make/Integromat.

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Options

Hi @jcavallaro - Amit is right that you would need to do this using a 3rd party integration tool. We use Zapier. There are a few different ways to set this up, but we’d recommend:

• Every day, the automation would check for deals where XXX date field is in Y# of days
    • For every deal that matches that criteria, an email would be sent

Happy to discuss more details, if helpful: https://www.opsdesigned.com/contact.

Best,

Liz

This discussion has been closed.