Would you rather PipeDrive develop existing tools, for cross-tool compatibility, or release new tool

Options
Jeff Farrick
Jeff Farrick Member Posts: 54
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Would you rather PipeDrive develop existing tools, for cross-tool compatibility, or release new tools (such as Projects & Campaigns, or unannounced features/tools)

61c1dd0c06c88068e5b70167_55777.png

Comments

• Owen Langis
    Owen Langis Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options
    I love Pipedrive, but sometimes I am amazed at some of the features/ options that are missing.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #3
    Options
    @Owen Langis, my biggest gripe is how a lot of PipeDrive is not compatible with PipeDrive
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #4
    Options
    Seems to be split pretty even!
  • Owen Langis
    edited January 2022 #5
    Options
    @Jeff Farrick - an example is why we can add deal "participants" to smart docs, but are unable to add them to email templates as a smart field.

Also, why am I not able to schedule an activity to be triggered "x-days" before a custom field date?
    When I have clients coming up for renewal, I would expect to be able to set an activity to notify me before that date so I don't miss it.

Pretty basic stuff for all salespeople
  • Owen Langis
    edited January 2022 #6
    Options
    And for people to say "you can do that with Zapier" is a garbage comment.
    we pay a lot of money for a service and should not have to pay a lot more for another program to do what PD should be already doing.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #7
    Options
    @Owen Langis, I think you're missing the spirit of my poll. I don't disagree there is a lot which can be improved on in PipeDrive, but I've seen a lot of features pop out of the woodworks over the past year or two when I'm still waiting for some critical functionality to an existing tool.

I have other posts about specific problems I face. For this, I was just curious about the general sentiment towards "do we want better, or do we want more"
  • Owen Langis
    edited December 2021 #8
    Options
    @Jeff Farrick - lol yes I agree :)
  • Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #9
    Options

Focus on what you're best at - 

and make it as easy as possible to integrate with other tools which are best at their niche.

• Josh Monifi
    Josh Monifi Member Posts: 89
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021 #10
    Options
    Specifically, I would like to see the Products module to be further developed so that we can build out our types of services and assign them to Organizations.

A simple project management tool would also be useful, to manage Projects through a Pipeline/Timeline.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #11
    Options
    @Josh Monifi, I'm curious what you mean by using Products as a project manager tool?
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #12
    Options
    "Existing Tools Should be Developed Further" is taking a heavy lead.
  • Josh Monifi
    Josh Monifi Member Posts: 89
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021 #13
    Options
    @Jeff Farrick I edited my comment above.
  • Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited December 2021 #14
    Options
    It depends if you make the new products really top notch or just 'good enough'. If the latter, I say make the existing product and tools the best they can be.

For example, good to see Workflow automations now has a Delay action in beta, but I really would have thought that should have been there from the start. Time based delays are pretty standard in all marketing automation platforms. Even now, I think it's a bit limited because you can't delay until a condition has been met, only based on time. I've just raised a feature request for this in the community forum.

Also, I would much prefer Automations to have branching based on conditional logic. It feels like it's not in there simply because pricing is based on number of automations. This forces me to duplicate and edit automations which is a bit clunky and feels a bit cynical if I'm honest. Why not allow conditional logic? You could still price on number of automations if you wanted, just allow less of them, perhaps. Or simply have more advanced automations in the higher plans.

With the Campaigns beta, is your aim to eventually make it as flexible as say Active Campaign? Or at least have advantages in terms of the fact it's directly integrated in PD? Otherwise, I'd prefer you focus on the existing toolset.

Hope that is useful.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #15
    Options
    @Graham Cox, those are all great suggestions, and questions. I wish I had answers for you. I'm not a PD employee/representative myself, but I do agree with your stance.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited December 2021 #16
    Options
    @Graham Cox, something else to consider, I don't believe PipeDrive would shoot itself in the foot by withholding features. Like you said, you can simply change the pricing / number of automations to reflect the fact that one automation covers more ground.
  • Graham Cox
    edited January 2022 #17
    Options
    @Jeff Farrick You are probably right and it's just a case that PD developed a min viable product with workflow automations and are now adding functionality to it. Would love to see conditional logic in there.
  • Nuno Oliveira
    Nuno Oliveira Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022 #18
    Options
    Hi @Graham Cox! I'm the Product Manager responsible for the Workflow Automation feature. I'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback in the community, as this is really helpful for us to understand your needs and contributes to shape future improvements. As for the Workflow Automation questions/comments, I understand there are unmet needs (being conditional logic one of those) and I can assure you that we are working to evolve the feature this year so that it can cover more use cases. We'll keep everyone posted here in the community as we release new capabilities!
  • Graham Cox
    edited January 2022 #19
    Options
    Hi Nuno, thanks for letting me know. Conditional Logic and delaying actions until conditions have been met would really make Workflow automations a lot more flexible so good to hear there is stuff in the works.
  • Jeff Farrick
    edited January 2022 #20
    Options
    I'd love a larger sample size of votes. Not sure if bumping works in these threads, but I'll try anyway!
  • Niki_59463
    Niki_59463 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022 #21
    Options

Projects are an element that seems to be missing for our particular business model, but would only be helpful if it could support a document filing structure similar to OneDrive. This feature would better connect our sales support departments to our outside sales team especially in relationship to deals.