Lost reason combination of predefined and free-form

Gerben de Haan
Gerben de Haan Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi,

We have setup PD to allow for predefined Lost reasons, but also allow entering free-form lost reasons in addition to predefined options. This allows us to both have structure for reporting purposes as well as more qualitative data on the reasons lost. See screenshot 1.

This works well, however now want to use the List view to do some analysis as to why we lost. Somehow, I can't add the Comment (optional) field to the list view (see screenshot 2), nor can I see that information anywhere in the deal screen itself.

Does anyone know where the information goes and how I can retrieve it in listviews or reports?

5eba816ae49e0c5da9cb1f27_32162.png
5eba8179a9793f5421f1f19f_65030.png

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey @Gerben de Haan 

The free-form Lost Reasons should appear in the Lost Reason field just like defined reasons. 

The comment you leave for a Lost Reason is left as a "Note", which due to the nature of Notes, can't be displayed in the List View, but if you take a look at one of your Lost Deals you should see your Lost Reason comment there as a Note. 

• Gerben de Haan
    Gerben de Haan Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020 #3

Hey @Gerben de Haan 

The free-form Lost Reasons should appear in the Lost Reason field just like defined reasons. 

The comment you leave for a Lost Reason is left as a "Note", which due to the nature of Notes, can't be displayed in the List View, but if you take a look at one of your Lost Deals you should see your Lost Reason comment there as a Note. 

Hi David, thanks for the quick answer. That's not what I hoped for unfortunately. Is there a way to add a regular field in the Mark as Lost dialog?

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2020 #4

Hey @Gerben de Haan 

No, I'm afraid there's not. The feature is built to only correspond as a Note.