Custom field contact and Zapier

Options

Hello, dear community,

I try to sync Pipedrive with my marketing automation platform.

I need a language so I added mother language as a custom field with a single option choice

In Zapier I don't have the value but a figure

How can EN become 53?

Did somebody already encounter this?

Thank you

Best Answers

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jonathan , that number is a database identifier for options you create inside your custom fields. Each option will have its own unique number.

You usually won't need to know about them at all. But when you use API or external automation tools such as Zapier, you may need to identify fields and their options based on these numbers.

If you have any trouble with determining which identifiers to use, feel free to reach out to our support team and they can assist you in the process.

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Jonathan,

I don't know if you find your solution but just to let you know, this number that you get is the id for this specific value internally in Pipedrive.

Pipedrive use an API key in order to connect other software as Zapier, so it need to have specific key for each custom fields and value into it.

So, your Motherlanguage has a specific key (for example: "fg52dg4gg85d") and each value into it also with an id like FR : 52 // EN : 53 // ...

I also get this problem in Zapier that, Zapier give me this ID into the output and not the exactly name of the value.

To resolve that, you need as explained by @Amit Sarda , add a new step in your zap with the lookup table.

In the lookup table, it will be your fled "Motherlanguage" and into the lookup table, the ID that you get and the name of the value.

To get those ID :

• Use postman to made some request
    • Use zapier with at each time a new value for the motherlanguage field in order to get all the ID

I hope this explanation answers your question!

Do not hesitate to come back to me if necessary.

Have a great day ! 👋

Answers