Is there a good way to attach multiple files using the mobile app?

Martin Boonzaayer
Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We are in the real estate business. We take a lot of pictures at our properties (deals). Managing all the pictures after the fact is confusing at best. When attaching a picture to a deal, we are able to select only one picture at a time. Is there a workaround to this? So we can select a bunch of files at one time?  And/or another possibile solution would be if we could take more than one picture at a time. When using the "Take a photo" in the mobile app, it allows only one picture at a time. Perhaps we could keep taking pictures and all would be uploaded?  Thanks!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer thanks for the feedback. Have you tried adding all pictures in one email and forwarding that to a deal? Attachments from emails are also auto added to the files on your deals and contacts.

• Martin Boonzaayer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #3

@Mike van der Valk unfortunately sending an email with attachments - while they are displayed in the deal - are not actually attached to the deal. What is the possibility of getting the mobile app developers to allow us to take multiple pictures at a time? That would be my ideal solution. Currently each picture requires 5 taps on the phone: 1. click "+", 2. Click "Take a picture", 3. Take the picture. 4. Click the Green check mark.  5. A couple taps until the file is done uploading and then can tap "+" again. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4

@Mike van der Valk unfortunately sending an email with attachments - while they are displayed in the deal - are not actually attached to the deal. What is the possibility of getting the mobile app developers to allow us to take multiple pictures at a time? That would be my ideal solution. Currently each picture requires 5 taps on the phone: 1. click "+", 2. Click "Take a picture", 3. Take the picture. 4. Click the Green check mark.  5. A couple taps until the file is done uploading and then can tap "+" again. 

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer I'm going to share your comment with our mobile developers and product managers. I hope they will find some time to speed up this process. Thanks for sharing!

• Martin Boonzaayer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #5

@Mike van der Valk I know this post hasn't attracted much attention. But I was wondering if you can revisit this with the developers? I think it's a very small ask that has no downsides, and would really make the mobile app better (in my opinion).  And that is to allow attaching multiple files at once. The way it is currently, you can only select one file, attach and repeat. This is very tedious if you have to attach 50 or so pictures.  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #6

@Mike van der Valk I know this post hasn't attracted much attention. But I was wondering if you can revisit this with the developers? I think it's a very small ask that has no downsides, and would really make the mobile app better (in my opinion).  And that is to allow attaching multiple files at once. The way it is currently, you can only select one file, attach and repeat. This is very tedious if you have to attach 50 or so pictures.  

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer 

Sorry for the late reply as I had some holidays.

I've just asked our mobile team to take a look at this thread again. I can't make any promises unfortunately as there are always other updates that it has to be prioritised against but I hope they can take a look and find time for it!