Projects Tool - Available for Mobile?

Options
Elise Brown
Elise Brown Member Posts: 13
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited November 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi there, I am eager to explore the new Projects tool but don't yet see it anywhere across the mobile platform. Will this be made available or will Projects only work in the computer platform? Thanks.

10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    Options

Hi Elise,

Thanks for writing!

Unfortunately at this point we're not available in the mobile app yet. We do aim to be there in the future but currently I don't have an eta to share yet unfortunately :(

• Antonio Diotti
    Antonio Diotti Member Posts: 1
    First Comment 5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2023 #3
    Options

Dear all,

Do you know when the Pipedrive Project will be available on to Pipedrive App Mobile?

Thank and best regards

Antonio

• Benji Watters_74227
    Benji Watters_74227 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2023 #4
    Options

Having this option would be fantastic. My team and I are super excited about projects and it would be great to be able to check projects on the go.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2023 #5
    Options

Hi @Antonio Diotti and @Benji Watters_74227

We're currently discussing it with the mobile team :) it's not confirmed yet.

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi I would like to echo this, it's kind of a big shame because the projects feature is exciting for us and without mobile it's severely limited.

I even tried using the mobile browser but the interfaces is impossible to use.

Is the tasks list at least going to be available on mobile soon (when you roll out the tasks page)?

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Jay Wealcatch the task list will be there on the webapp soon but unfortunately there are currently no immediate plans to bring the features to the mobile app. At the moment it hasn't been our top request but thanks for the "upvote" I'm adding your name to this and hopefully it crawls up to the top of the pile soon :)

• Jay Wealcatch
    Options

Thanks. You would think that at building a simple task section at least would be an easy add.

It's a shame if you can't view your assigned tasks on the go.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

I agree @Jay Wealcatch we're looking into it but have to also take the priority order of the general mobile app into account.

• Michela Gasperini
    Options

Hello Mike!

It's a pleasure to e-meet you ☺

It would be really great for our organization to have this task & projects list. Travelling and having events require to be updated also on personal tasks only on mobile. It is very sad that I can't view my tasks AND my projects ...

Pipedrive is one of the greatest tool I've seen so far, but this feature is truly fundamental :(

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

The list view for tasks is almost there, hopefully next week! I'll pass on the feedback to our mobile team as well of course :)

• steveh26
    steveh26 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Just adding my feedback for the need for accessing Projects on the app. Our project management is done in the field but toting a laptop is not the answer for us. We are strongly considering switching from Builder Prime to PipeDrive but it didn't even cross my mind that this might not be an included feature.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Thanks for the upvote for this @steveh26 we've acknowledged it's an important feature for teams in the field. Unfortunately I don't see it happening at least this year yet. Based on other more popular requests and priorities from our customers in both the projects and mobile app development it hasn't been prioritised for this year's roadmap unfortunately.

• steveh26
    steveh26 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Thank you for the feedback Mike. I appreciate it so we can plan accordingly.

• Greg Morgan
    Greg Morgan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

The projects section is great but without mobile, I will likely have to stop using it altogether.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I agree it’s severally limited without mobile.

Every thing is mobile first these days.

Really I just need an api so I can sync with a much more mobile friendly app like todoist.

Nice to have everything on Pipedrive at desktop but they have never been mobile friendly outside the core functionality.

• Peter K.
    Peter K. Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Projects addon without mobile is not good.

• Jay Wealcatch
    Options

I agree. We feel a bit scammed as we invested time in the projects feature but it's all getting scrapped because without mobile it's not worth it for us.

• Josh Buesking
    edited February 2023 #20
    Options

Not to be negative and beat a dead horse but the likelyhood of it being mobile anytime soon would be extremely rare compared to other features in mobile.

It was almost two years I believe before the lead inbox made into mobile from initial release and it's much more basic.

I've never understood the disconnect with mobile in pipedrive. All around outstanding product but completley falls flat outside core features in mobile. Which is very rare compared to other products I use.

• Josh Buesking
    Options

I'll also add it's just not important for teams in the field, you could be a meeting and need to add a task quickly, recieve an email while traveling, or just flat out away from the office. So this not just for teams that working in the field.

• SW
    SW Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk please add my upvote to adding Projects to the mobile app. Not having Projects available in the app severely hampers our ability to use it effectively, as employees in the field have to spend a significant amount of time at the end of the day sitting down and updating Pipedrive from their notes (taken on mobile or on paper). Ideally, they could check off tasks and add files and notes to projects directly from the mobile app, so that managers and their coworkers could stay up to date on projects throughout the day and not have to bug them directly for updates. Projects is a well-designed feature on desktop, and I'm very surprised and disappointed that you don't think it's worth prioritizing for mobile.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to read the current sentiment here especially your comment @Jay Wealcatch I feel sorry that this is the feeling that has come up in you and your team now as this was of course not the intention we went for.

We aimed to build a lightweight solution for customers who's needs are more simple and don't need huge tools like Asana, Trello, etc.. that might not always work perfectly together with your CRM.

I also passed this thread on internally to the mobile team as there is a general sentiment on the mobile app here. Again I'm very sorry about these feelings. We always try to prioritise across our product as much as we can for the largest group of our customers, the same in our mobile app.

I do want to be transparent and don't see projects coming to mobile this year based on the current roadmaps in place. Nonetheless I'll keep collecting upvotes and comments of course for potential next prioritisation stages.

Thank you everyone for sharing and again my apologies for some of the feelings that have boiled up 🙏🏻

• Josh Buesking
    Options

Personally I think the request for mobile is low because it's just assumed in this day and age. It's not even compatible in a mobile browser so you are 100% not able to use projects unless at a desktop.

• Wavey
    Wavey Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2023 #25
    Options

Please can you add projects to the Apps ASAP. Not being able to see projects whilst on the go without sitting down and getting out the laptop to log into the website is frustrating. We have moved all of our deals that are not generating income within the next couple of months over to Projects to clear the clutter on Deals. However, any questions or comments that are made on a project now means that I have to stop and log in on the website to understand what is being asked.

• Ashley Keeler
    Ashley Keeler Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Upvote from me on Mobile functionality for Projects. Our engineers, technicians and sales team are constantly on the road and need access to both Activities & Project Tasks on the move. Any idea of timeframe on this would be welcome [even if Q4]. Thanks @Mike van der Valk

• Niklas Babel
    Niklas Babel Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

also +1 here for Project and Project-activities on mobile Apps

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Thank you everyone for the additional "votes" this is really useful. I'm communicating with the mobile team in Pipedrive. Unfortunately at the moment we have other priorities but I'll keep connected to them to see if we can find time for this.

• Josh Buesking
    Options

@Mike van der Valk

Thanks for keeping us updated. I know your hands are tied on some of these requests and you'd make them all happen if you could.

I can't use projects for it's intended purpose yet without mobile or an API.

I am staying with it. Does work great to have another set of custom fields that I can use on awarded deals. Works great for keeping a database so to speak of color selections, warranty dates, and so on.

Can you comment on what features you guys are currently working on? Seems most requests here are not on the front burner, just curious as to what to expect in the short term.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

The main improvements we'll probably focus on next for Projects are API, Import, Export and task automation. Like usual it's hard to fully lock in these items and timelines but these are on front of our focus right now.

• Jared Kinchen
    Jared Kinchen Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk, just curious what good it is to have import functionality if you can’t properly work on what you’ve just imported? And if tasks, wherever they land in their automation cycle, can’t be worked, does it really make since to work on their automations?

#1 rule is good design - Design the right thing first, before you design the thing right.

As a consultant who guides strategic growth and innovation for companies all over the world, we often see mis-prioritization lead to a snowball of missed opportunities, failed launches, and overall longer delays to achieve strategic goals.

I just started using Pipedrive and loved seeing that I could manage my orgs projects. I even had two of my clients just check it out and they (on their own without our guidance) migrated from Salesforce the same week I suggested looking at it. Then, like @Josh Buesking said, I expected to see our projects in the mobile app once I had the team build it out on the desktop. Major disappointment and reveals possibly a lack in understanding the needs of the customer, or the business processes of the customer type.

Sincerely hope to see this happen quick, not just for my own purpose but for the others as well as Pipedrive. You stand out in the field of Clickup, Salesforce, and other rapidly developing tools and this would solidify Pipedrive in being a complete package to manage sales and projects.