Projects Tool - Available for Mobile?

Options
2»

Comments

• TheImprovementCo
    TheImprovementCo Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I have to agree with the sentiment above; the whole reason we are using Pipedrive is to integrate our entire process, start to finish. But, if our Operations Manager can't see his Projects and update tasks via mobile, it breaks down fast.

Using software like Pipedrive saves time only insofar as it doesn't create new demands on time, i.e. stopping what you are doing to get your laptop out in your truck to update Pipedrive, or, taking notes to do it later... which then get forgotten (forgetting to do things is part of the reason we need Pipedrive in the first place). I need to train our staff to do everything in Pipedrive, but I can't if it's not on their phone.

I think @Jared Kinchen hit the nail on the head. Anyone that has been in management for any length of time knows those awkward moments when you realise that the "higher ups" are completely oblivious to the glaring necessity of the customer that the "boots on the ground" can see. This is one of those times. Anyone can make a CSR software, and they do, but integrating it with the rest of your "after sale" workflow is the unique and valuable goal for most end users, like us. If Pipedrive can successfully do that, it will be a major boon for all involved, but that is impossible without mobile Projects.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 178
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Guys Mike hasn't commented here in over 6 weeks.

I haven't seen anything new with projects since the very basic task overview page was introduced.

Project's has lot's of potential and I'm sure it's out of Mike's hands and more in the senior managements to get these things done unfortunately.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

I agree, not having access to projects via the app is frustrating and creates more work at the end of the day uploading data from the field.

• Josh Buesking
    Options

Somewhere there’s someone that thinks mobile isn’t important at Pipedrive and they need to be reassigned. 😂

• Fitri Zainal
    Fitri Zainal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I want projects on mobile apps 🥲

• Chec-OHH
    Chec-OHH Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

So what’s new on this request?

• Josh Buesking
    edited July 2023 #38
    Options

Everyone does, where projects fell flat. It's not on their short term road map. Hopefully see API access this year otherwise no new functionality is the official statement.

I love pipedrive, using for 7 years or so. Mobile is always the red headed step child and if you see projects on mobile... let alone in 2024 I'll buy you a drink.

• Ashley Keeler
    Ashley Keeler Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited November 2023 #39
    Options

@Mike van der Valk Good morning Mike, we're in the final stages of evaluating whether we can migrate our whole team from PD + Asana to Projects. Could you give us any updates on the mobile roadmap?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2023 #40
    Options

Hi @Ashley Keeler since the last 4 months I've personally moved to a different part of Pipedrive working on the Insights reporting feature. As far as I know we unfortunately don't have Projects on Mobile planned at the moment. Our new PM on the feature posted about Projects add-on here recently: https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/12806/projects-add-on-current-state-of-things-and-future/p1?new=1

• Jake Kushner (JLK)
    Jake Kushner (JLK) Member Posts: 44
    First Answer 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Options

In case anyone missed this, sadly seems like projects add-on is being put on the back burner long term. See official announcement from new product manager:

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/12806/projects-add-on-current-state-of-things-and-future#latest

• Ashley Keeler
    Ashley Keeler Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks @Jake Kushner (JLK) for highlighting that other post - I didn't catch it. Sad news.

• James Pindard
    James Pindard Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited November 2023 #43
    Options

I am trying to move my whole team over to PD from sales tracking to PM. As we run a factory where project management is a key process I would really like the ability to use an app version, as this would help live project tracking which is not available on PD. Come on guys pull your finger out.

• whitsandiego
    whitsandiego Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

We need projects on the mobile app! Please!

• blandforms
    blandforms Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Just switching to Pipedrive and I will echo the need for mobile access to the Project management side.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

We really need the ability to access project boards on the mobile app.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Mike van der Valk When is the project view coming to mobile?... This is a pretty big issue, having a feature roll out on desktop with no clear plan for mobile in this day and age is a major misstep considering how many people work almost exclusively on their mobile devices. This update should be top priority considering how necessary it is, not to mention how much traffic and attention it's getting. This request has more comments and votes than most I've seen in this community forum. It's been over a year and still no official word on exactly when or how it will be implemented. I really believe Pipedrive needs to get their priorities in order and recognize what the users truly want and need. 😞

• Josh Buesking
    edited December 2023 #48
    Options

Mike is no longer manager of the project module and they have said that no future development or mobile is on the planned list.

Huge slap in the face to the early adopters.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Jared Kinchen I completely agree and couldn't of said it better myself 👍 They need someone like you on the team! Because clearly they just don't get it. It's a great app with a solid foundation but the management is severely lacking. I've used so many tools over the years Clickup, Airtable, Trello, Hubspot, Bonsai, Streak, and many more. Pipedrive has the potential to be the best and it's close, but they're missing the mark on many small yet important features. I really hope they can refocus and get it together.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Josh Buesking oh you’re so right! That is clearly a slap in the face. These guys clearly have no idea what they’re doing. They’re pissing off a lot of users who would otherwise be very happy with their product. But they just don’t seem to care about the consumer in any way. So thanks for the update, now we’ll be looking for another app to replace Pipedrive soon.

• Niklas Babel
    Niklas Babel Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Pipedrive prioritised dark mode over this topic here; just rolled dark mode out – not sure about this move.

cc @Mike van der Valk

• Niklas Babel
    Niklas Babel Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

as described here – this is also our approach, moving everything into Pipedrive, but this feels like a wrong move now being afraid about Pipedrive sunsetting Projects if they are not active here

• Josh Buesking
    Options

They have stated projects will be maintained but nothing new with no planned future date of picking it up again. That's really all you need to know.

• John Stewart
    John Stewart Member Posts: 10
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Adding my vote for mobile project management features - it's not terribly useful to have it only on desktop.

The vast majority of people that would use it in certain industries like residential construction and real estate (both highly fragmented industries that make great Pipedrive customers) that work in the field will need the functionality on their phones because they can't be chained to a desktop.

Look to the Asana or even ClickUp apps for inspiration - you're not stealing anything, because they didn't invent task managment.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I along with many other pipedrive users enjoyed the projects add-on. But unfortunately we all feel betrayed by pipedrive for the way they are handling the projects feature. There is no mobile support whatsoever and the team has made it quite clear in this community forum that they have no interest in working on the projects app. So why should we be expected to pay for something that pipedrive does not want to take seriously or work on at all. It's incredibly insulting to be treated this way as a good paying customer. But now, not only are we cancelling projects but we are also in the process of looking for a pipedrive replacement in general (maybe Plutio app). Because we are not at all happy with the way pipedrive actively ignores it's community. We like the app a lot but that's a big deal breaker for our team. When we pay over $120/month for a service that others provide for $50/month or less, we expect to be listened to and have our input strongly considered.