Why can't I change the email sharing settings on a specific email from within org/deal/contact?

Options
Bendy
Bendy Member Posts: 2
First Comment

I rarely use the Pipedrive email application/widget ('Mail') as my primary inbox to read/write emails, but I DO spend a significant amount of time in organizations and deals (and even send emails natively within Pipedrive from the organization page). It’s very important that I can read not only my own emails attached to a given org/deal/contact, but also my teammates. With that being said, I can understand why there may be certain emails that me or a teammate may have sensitive information that should remain private. Rather than having to go to the Pipedrive email application and search for a specific email (especially if it’s an older email that you didn’t realize was being shared) to toggle between private/shared, I should be able to see whether my email is private or shared (and be able to toggle) from within the email feed of the linked deal/org/contact.

For example, there could be a key lock for shared vs. private in the upper right hand corner (similar to the button in the Mail tab) as a standalone widget next to the ‘expand thread’ button or part of the drop down of options with reply/forward/delete/view full conversation.

Further on email sync/sharing product feedback, I should be able to set up rules/filters that say - the default setting is that all of my emails are shared EXCEPT they should remain private for a specific org/deal/contact. This filtering should then happen automatically as new emails come in based on my rules rather than having to manually make conversations private.

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Hi @Bendy

Thank you for your feedback. I understand the need to set more specific rules for Email sharing and to have an easier way to identify Shared/Private emails under the detail view. Will share this feedback with the team.

However, you don't need to go to the Mail tab necessarily to understand if the email is shared or not. Currently, if it is your own email (synced under your user), you can open the full email up under the Organization for example, and also easily check or change the Private/Shared label. Sharing a small recording here: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/i/i0sBFm

• Bendy
    Bendy Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Very helpful. This is exactly what I was looking for.