Can you create multiple quotes under one deal?

Laurie McM
Laurie McM Member Posts: 2
First Comment

Hi there

We use products and Sales Docs to create our quotes, which works brilliant until we want to create options for a client.

For example maybe we are quoting for a 100 chairs in green fabric but 100 chairs in leather is a different price, and we want to easily show the price difference.

We can't put the options on one quote (the above is a simple, illustrative example) as we will often have many lines on our quote. Therefore we always in our past system, created 2 quotes 'Seats Opt A' and 'Seat Opt B'. That way the client could easily see the difference.

At the minute we are creating duplicate deals for these Options. Works well until we want to report on the 'Deals started' number. Then the number is inaccurate as where we have 1 'Deal' and we show 3 options, its on the system as 3 Deals as we create a deal per option.

It would be awesome if Pipedrive made a 'quotes' tab in Deals where you could create multiple quotes per deal that was linked to the products, and make editing the quote easy.

Anyone else got this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jay Graves
    Jay Graves Member Posts: 14
    5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

We have the same issue. We always offer "good, better, best" pricing options. It would be great to do this in Pipedrive. Right now we have to do this offline in a manual proposal and pulling pricing out with options is a pain.

• Ginger Nasser
    Ginger Nasser Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment

Any movement on this at all? For us we may have multiple quotes for one project due to currency differences with suppliers.

• Austin Shaffer
    Austin Shaffer Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Update? Very much needed

• Catherine Boyce
    Catherine Boyce Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Also looking for an answer 👌

• Alex Napier Holland
    Alex Napier Holland Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic

I REALLY need this feature too.

'Bronze/Silver/Gold' is an industry-standard pricing strategy.

Ironically, Pipedrive is sold on a multiple-tier basis!

Pipedrive definitely needs a 'multiple quotes' feature.

• Ginger Nasser
    Ginger Nasser Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2023 #7

Agreed. Not only for good, better, best - but for when dealing with quoting to multiple contractors for one customer.

• Kätlin Sandvik
    Kätlin Sandvik Pipedrive Team Posts: 15 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

Thanks to everybody in this thread for sharing the use cases for multiple quotes. I’ve logged this topic for future research.

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

Hi All

How are you guys getting around the the Tax-Exclusive? problem, I am finding this limiting my commitment to Smart Docs and producing a quote with what I would consider a pretty basic function within the Products/Deals section.

It can be achieved using spreadsheet using the sum functions but the product fields are limited and can't be used in a spreadsheet templates...very frustrating.

I believe calculable custom fields could kind of fix this issue but upgrading to another subscription level is not an option for me.

• GarethW
    GarethW Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hey,

Do we have an answer to this thread? Sorry if I've missed it but can't find anything in the comments.

Cheers

• Kätlin Sandvik

Hi, @GarethW - unfortunately, there is no good way to create multiple quotes for a deal at the moment. As mentioned above, you can create another deal for this purpose. Alternatively, I have seen customers create Smart Docs templates when they have a limited number of different pricing combinations that they offer.

• Kätlin Sandvik

Thanks for the question, @Craig Harris! We are releasing an update next month that will include the tax-exclusive option and fixed-amount discounts for products.

• Craig Beaumont

Amazing update news @Kätlin Sandvik You have no idea how happy that is going to please so may people, please include me in any beta early releases 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Craig Harris
    Craig Harris Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Thanks @Kätlin Sandvik. The tax question was for @Craig Beaumont. Further to most of the content in this thread I would love to see the multiple quotes per deal as we get amendments after the original deal and have to currently set up multiple deals. It creates too much additional work.

• Craig Beaumont

I would also love to see the multiple quotes per deal @Craig Harris

Currently we create them all on the same deal a use the toggle to activate or deactivate the quote options

Not ideal but kinda works, you can just delete the line you don't need in the doc.

What would be an awesome future, is if the toggle was live in the quote and the customer could pick/toggle there options on a live document like (Panda Doc) but within Pipedrive. get on it Pipedrive

I am not into managing lots of third party apps just to make things work..... having said that I do love Pipedrive and they are always innovating and pushing the envelope.

• Craig Harris
    Craig Harris Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Thanks @Craig Beaumont - we have a slightly different issue - we would like the pipeline to record the different months that the additional requests (amendment requests) come in for the same job, but we cant do that as there is no record of when a new line item is added.

• Craig Beaumont
    edited June 2023 #17
  • EthanLeo
    EthanLeo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #18

Instead of creating separate quotes for each aspect of the deal, you can consolidate the information into a single quote. Include all the necessary pricing details, products or services, apks and any relevant terms and conditions within that one quote.