Delay/Schedule send email - Not Marketing emails

Leandro de la Torriente
Leandro de la Torriente Member Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi,  I'd like to see the ability to delay send or schedule send of emails.   I work at all hours of the day/night and sometime weekends.  It would be nice to delay the send of the email to ensure I do not get iterrupted by a reply or to have the email delivered at a reasonable hour for the customer.  I saw this is a feature with email marketing, I want to point out, this is NOT what I intend to do.  I want to delay/schedule send for individual emails.

Thanks,

Leo

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

@Leandro de la Torriente are you manually drafting those or are you automating this somehow? Just want to clarify :) 

• Leandro de la Torriente
    Leandro de la Torriente Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2020 #3

@Leandro de la Torriente are you manually drafting those or are you automating this somehow? Just want to clarify :) 

Correct, manually drafted.  

• Bethany Ann George
    Bethany Ann George Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2021 #4

I second this. Delaying an email being sent is huge. And many email programs are now providing this feature. I would really like to see it in Pipedrive as well. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #5

Thanks for your comment @Bethany Ann George I'm adding your vote to this and will let our team know. Currently there are no immediate plans to build this but it's in the backlog of ideas.

• John_9864
    John_9864 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #6

I also want to have schedule send available!  

• Matthew_10643
    Matthew_10643 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #7

@Mike van der Valk  I also upvote this and have a same scenarios as @Leandro de la Torriente . It doesn't have to be a fancy function to make the people happy (like a strong automation tool for marketing), just an option in the footer area (next to templates OR part of templates) to select a date/time.   The use case I've read on a few threads (and I have myself) is that we take spare time at odd hours (weekend/evening) to prep some emails, but we don't want to send it right then. We would prefer to have it send at "8:07am on Tuesday".  I upvote this and the other half dozen  or more request on same topic :)  

I think another unique thing is that the sales emails are more direct vs a template -- they have been warmed and you are actively working them.  So a simple schedule send (as we catch-up on weekends and nights) is key.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #8

Hi @Matthew thanks for the additional comments, I'll so my best to highlight this internally!

• durahomepaintingplus@gmail.com
    edited August 2020 #9

I saw Gmail has a tab to do that. If they don't update Pipedrive soon, Gmail could work in the meantime. You can link the emails sent so they still show up in Pipedrive.

• Rafael Campos
    Rafael Campos Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020 #10

I vote for it. It is important.  

• alex Francis
    alex Francis Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #11

I vote for it

• Jan-Philip
    Jan-Philip Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #12

I vote for this function too.

I'm currently using the delayed sending option intensively in gmail and am missing it pretty much in the pipedrive inbox. And since pipedrive templates are not available in the gmail pipedrive plugin, I'm loosing the opportunity to take advantage of templates and well scheduled emails. Even the work around of drafting emails in the pipedrive inbox and sending them with gmail, doesn't work since drafts are not synced. @Mike van der Valk there is still some room for improvement and a few things your dev team should put on their development agenda. ;-)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2021 #13

I'm currently using the delayed sending option intensively in gmail and am missing it pretty much in the pipedrive inbox. And since pipedrive templates are not available in the gmail pipedrive plugin, I'm loosing the opportunity to take advantage of templates and well scheduled emails. Even the work around of drafting emails in the pipedrive inbox and sending them with gmail, doesn't work since drafts are not synced. @Mike van der Valk there is still some room for improvement and a few things your dev team should put on their development agenda. ;-)

Thanks for the extra information @Jan-Philip Riehle I agree with you and hopefully we can prioritise this work in the future, I'm going to make sure our team sees your comment 🚀

• Jan-Philip
    Jan-Philip Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2021 #14

Hi Mike, 

Great thank you. If there is a need for beta tester let me know. :-) I'm happy to help or explain our current demands.

• Adrian_14169
    Adrian_14169 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #15

Hi, I vote for this as well. Thx

• Ryan Stewart_16000
    Ryan Stewart_16000 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #16

Adding another vote.  

• Robert Carroll
    Robert Carroll Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2021 #17

@Mike van der Valk I communicate with people in many different time zones and use the delay send in Gmail to send the email when I think the recipient is most likely to read it. It would be great to have this feature in Pipedrive as well. I am voting for this feature as well. 

• Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2021 #18

Yes, my vote for it. Would like to see this feature too! Its important for various reasons!

And it could be a really powerful feature and adds value combined with automation depending on certain/ useful triggers. 

• Rob Dash_6161
    Rob Dash_6161 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #19

Ditto all the other comments. I need a way to schedule follow up template emails, as well as customised emails. Currently I have to go to Outlook to use the send later function

• Richard Daly
    Richard Daly Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #20

@Mike van der Valk +1 - having just come from Hubspot to Pipedrive - email templates and scheduled delivery of email is a super feature that it would be great to see implemented in PD

• Bret Kobel
    Bret Kobel Member Posts: 13
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2021 #21

Yes yes yes.  I like to start my day VERY early, but I don't want to be 'that guy' who sends out 5am emails.

• Webmaster_31904
    Webmaster_31904 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #22

I see two solutions for Pipedrive to implement:

• This could be as simple as adding a timer trigger to the automation workflow.
    • Alternatively I would want to be able to set an ideal send time for each user (defaulting to Tuesday morning in the recipient's time zone) and have Pipedrive buffer mails until the time arrives.

Anyway: +1 for a feature like this.

• Kenneth Dickerson
    Kenneth Dickerson Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #23

I agree with everyone requesting this feature. It is an essential tool for sales and marketing. Pipedrive you can't let MS Outlook outcompete you with this function! Let's bring it forward to a priority. 

• Mario Fachini
    Mario Fachini Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2021 #24

I agree with everyone requesting this feature. It is an essential tool for sales and marketing. Pipedrive you can't let MS Outlook outcompete you with this function! Let's bring it forward to a priority. 

Agreed